N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Looking for vacuum line diagram

General chat related to anything N12.
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Anybody got/found a vacuum diagram? I decided to do a "boost leak test" on my et today. Turns out it has major boost leaks. No wonder it has crap throttle response and idle's like shite.

Major issue was I had to use the crappy 12V compressor. Would only charge the system to 2Psi and took approx 10sec to go back down to 0. Couldn't hear a leak in that time though, I'll have to pull the 240V compressor out of storage, I hate moving.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
txateu

Post by txateu »

unique_ET_N12 wrote:you still having trouble with it??? whats the progress????
STill no luck, it idles ok I guess but I can tell that its chewing through fuel. Boost gauge stays consistantly at around 10-12 vacuum so its not so bad. I don't think I have a big air leak I'm just not sure if I have my lines connected to the right things

I'm going to have a look through my spares to check and see if I have that sender unit.

Anjeti, How did you pressurise your vacuum lines?
cheers Michael,
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

I made a "Boost Leak Tester" similair to the one on this page http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html

Except all I had laying around was some heavy duty steel water line fittings, so mine is all steel.

Then I hooked up the 12V compressor and went.

I pulled the 240V compressor out today, charged the lines to 10PSI and popped the hose off the turbo -> intercooler. Looks like the clamps are Fubar.

(To know what pressure I charged the lines to, I actually moved my Boost gauge into the engine bay temporarily, you can also have someone inside reading it for you. I'm also going to make a different kind of one, with a regulator on it, so I can just hook the compressor up and look for leaks, instead of, charge -> look for leaks -> charge -> look for leaks etc. When I make the new one, I'll do a write up.)
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
txateu

Post by txateu »

Damo wrote:The nipple on the T/B should run ONLY to the small nipple on the charcoal canister. Do not have the fuel reg teed into this line, it will cause high fuel pressure on idle!

Damo
Damo, what should I connect the fuel reg, boost gauge and BOV into if I shouldn't connect them to the nipple on the throttle body?
cheers Michael,