N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts GX Turbo (Updated again!)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Couple of pix here C.
Just a few pages back!!! Whos getting streaky in the memory dept. as well!!!!!!!

This page, about half way down.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=180

Oracle.
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

That's a bit rich coming from yourself but point taken, I have nothing positive so I'll sit back down
" Friends may come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs " - Henry Rolland -
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Every negative comment I have made to you has been (originally) based on tech. Pure and simple.
Go back and have a look. I make a criticism based on a technical item, I NEVER begin or start a post with a personal flame. it may end up that way but its NEVER started that way.
You, on the other hand get all shirty and high and mighty for being brought to task over technical items and fire back personally with NO techical merit whatsoever.

Go figure that eh?

oracle
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

Actually thats a kent of a thing to say. Good work, wish I was starting mine.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

tassuperkart wrote:Couple of pix here C.
Just a few pages back!!! Whos getting streaky in the memory dept. as well!!!!!!!

This page, about half way down.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=180

Oracle.
Callumgw wrote:dude, you need to learn how to use a camera.....

and get a proper article written up!

C

:D [/b]
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

Let's not do this again, Im going as far as saying I apologize it just gave me a giggle thats all. I said you made a point so let's move on. And for fucks I'm sick of hitting this submit button 30 times before it submits a post..... Fukin I pads
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

No, not at all. Its just stating a fact M8.

I have regularly brought you to task over technical decisions you make.
You tend to take it personally. I dont get that... at all.
What you need to realise it that NONE of it starts out personal. It just ends up that way after you loose ur cool and start running off at the mouth about EVERYTHING excpet what (technically) Im criticising in the first place. If you kept your mouth running off to the techinacl fact then there would be no issue at all.

I dont criticise anything for the sake of it. I have better things to do with my time. However, if i see things technically speaking that will result in what amounts to no gain whatsoever, ill call them for what they are which is modifications for modifications sake. Or basically, a woftam.

You dont seem to take that kind of criticism too well dude. What you need to learn is that its not personal and not MAKE it personal, its just the modification Im calling to task.

You can take what i say in whatever way you like, positively or negatively, I dont really care but Im still going to say it on an open forum as is my perogitive

Anyway, move along now.. nothing to see here!

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

Result in negative gains? In your opinion....... The buck doesn't end with you buddy. If I recall you also run your mouth telling me I'm a wanker treading into your territory and you were gunna was it..... Crucify me in front of the entire forum?? That doesn't sound like technical chat to me..... I'm going to admit this, and I mean it when I say it. From reading your posts your a very smart individual, technically and mechanically I do get something from reading your posts and I follow your build. I'll call things like I see it too..... Maybe it's this E we arent to much different from each other..... Except I get angry hahaha. Maybe we should hug.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

All that aside you'd have a dc clamp meter can you clamp the starter motor main supply and let us know, not the inrush current but the actual constant crank current?? Now that we mates and all
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Its already been done M8, Youve done it all by yourself!!!
I rest my case.

Oh, nah, sorry, dont have that kind of electrical test clobber.

L8r
Oracle
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

OK
The voltage variation at the injectors was causing all sorts of dramas with injector latency (dead time) and due to the very coarse tuning resolution of the Microtech, I could not get anywhere near a consistent idle with lights on or off.
Turn the heater fan onto full blast with the lights on high beam and the engine leaned off and stalled.
The Bosch 024's are quite sensitive to rail voltage change....bah!

I received my little 150w DC-DC booster converter and wired it up today into the +ive side of the injector power circuit.
This item is a "Buck/Boost" converter and so will maintain a preset voltage out despite the input voltage dropping as far as 6v and as high as 32v.

I preset the unit at a nice and easy 14.5v out to begin with and starting the engine from dead cold, the difference is amazing.

Once the engine had warmed up, switch the lights and fans on and the injector rail voltage stayed pegged at 14.5v and the engine just purrs away with the slightest loss in rpm (about 100) due to alternator load but the WBo2 display stays pegged at 10.4 to 10.6!!
Swinging the voltage up and down would show an afr change between 10 and as high as 13:1!!! remember this engine is in a pretty high state of tune and will not idle at all on afr's higher than 11 or so..not consistently anyway.

All I need to do now is to wire into the headlighting circuit the AAC valve and adjust for engine load and voilah!
Ill do the same for the heater fan circuit on high speed using a couple of diodesto isolate the 2 circuits so either circuit will invoke the AAC valve.

All in all a very successful outcome!!!!

L8r
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I went thru a box of stuff I was given a while back.
3 turbos, one a strange little T2 thingy, a T25 and another one I didnt look at originally.
Hey presto, a good nick T28.
Score!!!!!!!!!!

Oracle
poeticjustice88

Post by poeticjustice88 »

rofl, how much shit you got laying around there man, to just lose a freaking turbo, let alone three
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LMAO.
Umm yer, Im a bit of a bowerbird!!!
Id be embarrased to say how much crap i have M8.

L8r
Oracle
Damo

Post by Damo »

tassuperkart wrote:OK
The voltage variation at the injectors was causing all sorts of dramas with injector latency (dead time) and due to the very coarse tuning resolution of the Microtech, I could not get anywhere near a consistent idle with lights on or off.
Turn the heater fan onto full blast with the lights on high beam and the engine leaned off and stalled.
The Bosch 024's are quite sensitive to rail voltage change....bah!

I received my little 150w DC-DC booster converter and wired it up today into the +ive side of the injector power circuit.
This item is a "Buck/Boost" converter and so will maintain a preset voltage out despite the input voltage dropping as far as 6v and as high as 32v.

I preset the unit at a nice and easy 14.5v out to begin with and starting the engine from dead cold, the difference is amazing.

Once the engine had warmed up, switch the lights and fans on and the injector rail voltage stayed pegged at 14.5v and the engine just purrs away with the slightest loss in rpm (about 100) due to alternator load but the WBo2 display stays pegged at 10.4 to 10.6!!
Swinging the voltage up and down would show an afr change between 10 and as high as 13:1!!! remember this engine is in a pretty high state of tune and will not idle at all on afr's higher than 11 or so..not consistently anyway.

All I need to do now is to wire into the headlighting circuit the AAC valve and adjust for engine load and voilah!
Ill do the same for the heater fan circuit on high speed using a couple of diodesto isolate the 2 circuits so either circuit will invoke the AAC valve.

All in all a very successful outcome!!!!

L8r
E
How much did you have to 'move' the voltage to have the afr change say 1 ratio? That doesn't seem to be a problem with the Autronic having the source voltage swinging a couple of volts. I do remember something about it having a floating voltage to the ecu.
Do you know where your injection end angle is?

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y