N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

kanes n12 exa update 15/1/2017

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

ETT wrote:hey dude which car are those chasers off?
mine are off a hyundai lantra................ but 2007ish will also fit, thats if you want 15's.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Constructive criticism for your brother as you said he is an apsiring tog.

The photos would've been better if they weren't taken on grass. Cars drive on ashphalt/concrete mostly thats where photos should be taken, its kinda like the rule of thirds. Photos of car on grass never quite look right unless the style of car suits it, I've tried it as well with N12's and it always fails. It was pointed out to me a while back and will have to agree shots on proper road type surfaces look 100 times better.

Also if the focus was on the car not so much the background specially in the sepia and B&W shots to make them sharper, B&W gives you great sharpness if the subject is in focus. If he is using a point and shoot see if he can select central focus point they will come out better next time. They kidna look like phone shots(only guessing by the blown out images in colour) so probably can't select focus points nor have any decent depth of field.

not bad though keep on practising, practice makes perfect.
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Panda_ET wrote:Constructive criticism for your brother as you said he is an apsiring tog.

The photos would've been better if they weren't taken on grass. Cars drive on ashphalt/concrete mostly thats where photos should be taken, its kinda like the rule of thirds. Photos of car on grass never quite look right unless the style of car suits it, I've tried it as well with N12's and it always fails. It was pointed out to me a while back and will have to agree shots on proper road type surfaces look 100 times better.

Also if the focus was on the car not so much the background specially in the sepia and B&W shots to make them sharper, B&W gives you great sharpness if the subject is in focus. If he is using a point and shoot see if he can select central focus point they will come out better next time. They kidna look like phone shots(only guessing by the blown out images in colour) so probably can't select focus points nor have any decent depth of field.

not bad though keep on practising, practice makes perfect.
thanks, i will pass it on to him..

with regards to the rule of thirds, we went to a lawn bolws club to try and get the theme goin, unfortunately there was no paved surface, was just a quick point and shoot spare of the moment thing.

he's enroled himself into a photography course tho......
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Always wanted to do a course at tafe or something but on paper most looked a bit shit down here lol

Yeh I know its hard to sometimes find a spot that suits your needs, asphalt def for car shots though grass kinda ruins the look..unless you had in on the greens hahaha.
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Panda_ET wrote:grass kinda ruins the look..unless you had in on the greens hahaha.
gimme that chance........................... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

so i was out and about gathering bits to make my roof basket, and my fuel pump shit itself............ 12 months out of a walbro, fuckin shit box.
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

luck of the draw really i had a walbro in my old s13 and its been in there now for over 3 years and still going, are you going to go bosch now?
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

yeah i think i might, can get 040's pretty cheap these days
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

15exa wrote:yeah i think i might, can get 040's pretty cheap these days
mine has been fine for a few years now.
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Hey kane, why don't you get yourself one of these :wink:

Rear window louvre, i got it with the car back in 2005, took it off the first day :lol: :lol: haha i still have it.

Saw it in the garage today and took a few pics :wink: Do you get these louvres over there?

Cheerz :D
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

do it!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
baz

Post by baz »

Yeah we do get louvres over here, There is an exa down here in Tasmania that has one
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

haha..... me likey.

i will see how it looks with the things i got planned first, i it looks like it needs more i will look into the louvers..
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

bit of an update while i'm at it.....

as yous know i picked up the vert on the weekend. i started transfering a few thing over from it....

i started off swapping the entire rear trailing arms and shocks, so i will now have et rear discs, so the 17's will clear on the vert with the grounded down arms. i think the discs will be more benificial on 15EXA any way.

rear strut brace was also swapped over

havent had a chance to see if the sway bar will fit over my exhaust or not yet, but if it does, that will go on too.

atm im in the process of swapping over all the brake lines, booster and master cylinder from an et too, so all the bias and what not, will be in order

once thats done and i get a bosh 040, im upgrading to a decent brand fpr too.

was looking at the standard fuel lines and rail too, what are your thoughts on thier abbilities to support 300ish hp safely???? might upgrade these at the same time.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

ok its 2:30am and i've just finished changing booster and master cylinder, rear brake lines, front passenger side line, re-fit rear control arms, fit rear sway bar (it clears the zorst, yay), and front strut brace.

i could have been completely finished if it wasnt for a prick of a brake line joiner strippin on me. hopefully i can fix it with a thread file at work tomorrow.......

tell ya what tho, them rear brake lines are hard to do with the donk in, i had to drop the front control arm and sway bar, and zorst just to make it work, got there in the end tho. so hopefully i will be finished tomorrow nite.

will put some pix up l8er