N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Disappointed

General chat related to anything N12.
n12sumfin

Re: k

Post by n12sumfin »

BADET-4 wrote: So if i have a T25 with 6 bolts on the exhaust side, does this mean mine is BB like the T28? If so is this an advantage?
from memory none of the oem t25 turbos were ball bearing, although not a 100%
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yes there was 1(fitted to a nissan something or other lol) but are very rare and not worth the effort lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

ok so you think i should wind the boost up then? but i dont want to have to replace the ECU and shit, i dont have the money (especcially now) to do that.

and sorry if this is a really well known fact and if im asking a stupid question please go easy on me

but i thought that a GT25 is in the same size regions as a T25... because of the 25 part....(insert noob comment here)

but what you guys are telling me is that i have a T28 sized turbo???
thats way bigger than i wanted, i wanted a nice responsive engine.

and what do you think about the cutting out problem???
can i fix this myself or should i send it back to the mechanics?
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

this is how the new AFM set up is. see how far away the AFM is from the Turbo?

could this lend to the laggyness?
Damo

Post by Damo »

84ETPULSAR wrote:Image

Been a little while since seeing a AFM, but I think that is back to front. The other problem that smacks in the face is the fact that you are pressurising the log and all the air bypass devices on it. Definite no good!

I could probably think the biggest problem would be trying to brake suddenly after hard acceleration.:shock:

damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

wow, you have a SHITELOAD of piping!!! Hows the flutter? lol
But yer, Think you need to block yer log and re-route the piping to suit.
Come round sometime and ill show you how if ya want.

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
agecage

Post by agecage »

Thats definaly an intresting intake track. I dont think boost will be causing anyproblems to the sensors but the mechanic u sent it to definatly had his head screwed on backwards. IN my opinion i would try hunt down a jap spec in take like this:
Or an EGI like this:
They both get rid of the log and still have all the idle sensors and easyer to plumb up.
N12 Exa turbo
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

Damo wrote:
84ETPULSAR wrote:Image

Been a little while since seeing a AFM, but I think that is back to front.
def is back 2 front
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

yeah the AFM was on back to front, check out my other forum topic "URGENT HELP WONT START" for that story. but thats fixed now.

the problems with my car so far has been that i have been fixing the mistakes of the previous owner. this is HIS piping set-up that he had done at an engine reconditioner (i happen t know the particular mechanics sons and they are idiots so im guessing the rest of the family aint too much better)

so in regards to the plumbing, it all needs to be fixed after the I/C because its just WRONG WRONG WRONG. i can keep the log and just re-do the pipes or go with one of the other intakes. id want to try and keep the log cos i dont know if i feel up to replacing an entire intake manifold, or paying someone to do it. if i do thought that EGI intake looks like a goer, cos its facing the right way for my cooler piping and wouldnt be too hard to re-rout piping to fit.

also the pressurising of the log was an issue, thats why my mechanic un-hooked all the idle sensor stuff when i took it to him.
i think this could be part of the issue concerning how bad the car is running so it needs to be sorted out ASAP

and what about the Turbo size thing?? do i have a T28 sized turbo in this car?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I dont see any particular problem with that setup.
The ,length of pipe between the afm and the turbo is prolly similar to the stock log and elbow.

There are NO SENSORS in that log. Air density is looked at in the AFM.
They are nothing more that idle bypass valves, yep, 3 of them plus and idle speed screw.

Blowing turbo pressure into those valves will have the same effect as bypassing more idle air on throttle backoff until boost pressure dies off as log air is sourced post turbo.

Kinda the same as holding the throttle open a bees dick instead of closing it right off. A kinda dodgey throttle cracker if you will. might even provide some cool backfires and flames if thats your speed!
It will still supply a ambient pressure source of air to the idle valves tho when the motor is idling as turbo speed is irrelevent.

Might be more an annoyance than anything else. Wont hurt braking vac as thats still sourced post TB in the manifold runners.

Funky looking setup tho.
Makes me wonder what the mechanics were trying to achieve.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

tassuperkart wrote:I dont see any particular problem with that setup.
The ,length of pipe between the afm and the turbo is prolly similar to the stock log and elbow.

E
but if thats the case isnt that bad for response?
cos isnt relocating the AFM from its stock location one of the best and easiest ways to increase response?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

No not really. I wouldnt say "bad" at all. Id just say, I might be able to be improved a bit.
My new ET setup is bone stock standard and performs faultlessly. I see no way it could be made to "respond" any better to be quite frank.

Compared to the turbo GX, no log, EGI plenum............ meh.

Ive never relocated an afm tho. Well, actually I have, straight into the bin.

L8r
E
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Evan that is the very best place for it as well :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

hey hey everybody.

i was seriously close to chucking in the towel and selling the car the other day because it had serious running issues. it kept dying at idle. and i had just had enough.
then when i drove home (barely got home is more like it) from my girlfriends house on friday night, i checked through the engine bay. turns out that the bolts holding the pipe from the turbo comp housing to the intercooler had all but come out, thus resulting in a HUGE HUGE air leak.
they came off because the bolts were barely long enough to reach the comp housing through the flage plate on the pipe. so this is why my car had such laggy shitty performance.

got new longer bolts, tightened them good and proper and now the running issues at idle is gone.
and now it boosts like a mother fucker. set at a nice and easy 15psi, its reaching 5psi by about 2900rpm in 2nd and pulls hard as through the revs.
i love it now.
i cant belaive it took 2 trips to the mechanic, before i realised it myself. just lucky i figured it out before i made the decission to sell it..phew