N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

running problems big time!!!

General chat related to anything N12.
unique_ET_N12

running problems big time!!!

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

ok thought I'd post it up before I even start working on it because I think I'm stuck this time..
car has been running pretty fine lately just been trying to do cosmetics too it, but i took it for a little strap the other day with my ex in it just to show her the power gains its had ova time..
anyways I floored it ova a little bump which I knew was their and front wheels came off the ground then hit the ground again and since then, its been stalling after a couple of seconds of idling and the blowoff valve is going off much louder than before only within a few metres of accelerating and massive power loss!!!! really no response in the petal either, have to tap it a few times for the engine to respond or it stalls even then while the petal is down and doing 3500 revs its like taking ur foot right off the petal then a little power kicks in again ..

Pretty stupid of me, specially when the car wasn't fully finished ohhh and a mount bolt fell out near the gear box and lost 5th gear and the gear shifter feels like it only go's halfway into gear now but should be a quick fix with aligning of that one....

Thanks guys, just in a rev mood that day and maybe I learnt from it a little
My ET is much like my woman! except my ET is always on all 4's...........
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Prolly an air leak...
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

^ what he said
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

pull it apart this morning haha all these plans...
seems like a air leak but far as I've looked so far nah its not a air leak...
hoses are all on and piping all together...first thought was exactly that though giving what happening..... keep updated
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

check the afm plug, and if running a cooler, check all the joins, if in doubt put the afm on the t/b and see how it runs.
Project is now finished!
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Yea I checked the harness for the AFM, fine, all joins are fine and lines are all connected.. gonna go out now and slam a screw driver into AFM and see if she stays alive..
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

yea no didn't work, BUT!! damn... after putting the wheels back on and parking it on the road from outta the garage where family likes too park over night! I thought I'd just give it a little boost and I could hear a pretty loud leak and the car wouldn't go above 3000revs like it was totally over fueling but not (sorta gurgling) haha. so I parked it up, thought I'd listen for the leak and went too start it and turned it like 6 times and nothing like the car wasn't letting me turn the key then she sounded like a flat battery trying too start but full charged.. confused
agecage

Post by agecage »

Battery terminals
N12 Exa turbo
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

no not at all, their aftermarket ones and connected fine!!! in a battery box in my boot.. Checked on them again
ET87

Post by ET87 »

do u have a boost T??? my mate had problem like this n it was his pissy little boost T... if not ECU plugs give them a wiggle.
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

I got a few spare computers and no difference, wiring is good I checked..
ahhh Boost T???? you meaning boost controller
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Havn't touched it at all since the problems and started it just before and it ran fine for about 5mins in idle then the stalling came back but sounding like it wants to crank perfect again like fully charged battery...
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

that problem where the engine just suddenly stops turning over and then starts trying again is from air leak and low voltage.
Turned out to be a air leak, glad it possibly wasn't something much worse, split in intercooler piping connections in a spot that was so hard to see.
Dangled pieces of cotton round the place and found where the air was comming from under rev..
Thanks guys!!!!
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Just another quick update, my alternator was/is on it's last legs which caused the engine too run like shit!!!!

Does anyone know of a good place too get my alternator re-conditioned?????
willdog

Post by willdog »

I might use that cotton technique one day. Great tip. If u were down in melbourne, i would recommend Comet Batteries for your alternator and battery needs.