N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

The SuperCheap Auto Thread

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.

do you think Supercheap Auto should train their staff in basic automotive knowledge and up their parts prices for doing so?

YES They should and i would pay the inflated parts prices
50%
NO they shouldn't and i will put up with staff with no Automotive knowledge
50%

Total votes: 4

Ash
Administrator
Administrator

The SuperCheap Auto Thread

Post by Ash »

ok, get all your frustrations out here.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Ash this thread is silly and should be deleted.

Do you have any idea what the costs would be to train every single team member in 250+ stores as a mechanic or parts interpreter?
Most parts interpreters have years of hands on experience in the field that you cannot get from theory training.

If you don't have the brains to figure out what parts you need then you really do need to learn how to read or use a computer because there are endless resources out there if you can be bothered using them.

If you would rather ask a 15 year old high school student what part is suitable for your car rather than look it up in the book right next to you, then you really shouldn't complain if they get it wrong.

If it's so easy and such a disaster that they got it wrong, then why didn't you use a bit of initiative in the first place.

take some responsibility for your own life and it's outcomes.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
n12sumfin

supercheap

Post by n12sumfin »

okay i work for the company and technically i wish we would have time set aside to actually train the staff in all sides of things,

an example would be just giving team members videos on what mechanical parts do, how a basic engines, suspension, brakes, gearboxes, diffs, work.

i had a great manager at my old store and he knew how to sell but i had to teach him to service his car, changes brakes, think outside the box, its true we arnt a part interpretor buisness but we need a little more development on that side

on the other side we are good at supplying items to the public at reduced cost with great value for money.
Android 360

Re: supercheap

Post by Android 360 »

n12sumfin wrote:okay i work for the company and technically i wish we would have time set aside to actually train the staff in all sides of things,

an example would be just giving team members videos on what mechanical parts do, how a basic engines, suspension, brakes, gearboxes, diffs, work.

i had a great manager at my old store and he knew how to sell but i had to teach him to service his car, changes brakes, think outside the box, its true we arnt a part interpretor buisness but we need a little more development on that side

on the other side we are good at supplying items to the public at reduced cost with great value for money.
If you want training, ask for it as part of your PDA, or ask your area manager next time he's in. You'd be surprised what's available when you ask for it, it also shows initiative and a willing to learn which many people in the store don't possess. To many, it's just a job. For some, car stuff is part of who they are.

Apart from that, google is your friend :P
I learnt from pulling apart my car then putting it back together, then backed it up by going to tafe and doing a part apprenticeship.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Android 360 wrote:Ash this thread is silly and should be deleted.

Do you have any idea what the costs would be to train every single team member in 250+ stores as a mechanic or parts interpreter?
Most parts interpreters have years of hands on experience in the field that you cannot get from theory training.

If you don't have the brains to figure out what parts you need then you really do need to learn how to read or use a computer because there are endless resources out there if you can be bothered using them.

If you would rather ask a 15 year old high school student what part is suitable for your car rather than look it up in the book right next to you, then you really shouldn't complain if they get it wrong.

If it's so easy and such a disaster that they got it wrong, then why didn't you use a bit of initiative in the first place.

take some responsibility for your own life and it's outcomes.

no use going off at me dude. i wouldn't ask a Supercheap Auto employee if my ass was on fire because they still would have no clue. i always search shit up myself. it's just common knowledge i that the staff are automotive dunces. the only time i talk to them is when i walk in and they say hello and i say it back or if they are out of a certain part and i ask them if they have it out the back.
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

its not for me its the other team members i did it the hardway by working on things myself and howitworks.com lol great source of info is forums because you have to sift through the crap but decent knowledge out there for the learning if you have time and i hate that its just a job to many really lets us all down :(
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Add a response to the poll Ash.

Should SuperCheap have on staff at least A relatively experienced parts interpreter in each store?

That would be an intelligent and relevant response I would think.

L8tr
E[/b]
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I think this is a silly poll. just delete it.

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Spoilsport!
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

yeah I know, but it isn't going to gain anything for anyone. I enjoy the different opinions people have and would like them all to stay and contribute. This is a bit close to a directed insult for my liking.

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

fair'nuff then.
L8tr
E
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Ive moved it to offtopic, but at the same time locked it. Theres enough of a discussion in here for people to complain, but to themselves... in their heads. Dont want anything to get out of hand.