N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

t25g

General chat related to anything N12.
gopulsar

t25g

Post by gopulsar »

hey guys ive just bought a t25g off a u12 bluebird to replace the stock t2. i have got the custom dump (thanks baz!) but i think the turbo needs to be twisted 90 degrees cause the outlet aims to the manifold. i have removed the actuator and lines, loosened the four bolts from the main unit to the exhaust housing as i was told to, then the housing should turn. but it wont.. can someone please throw suggestions?
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

It will just be stiff from all the heat it makes. knock it off with a hammer and you will be fine. You will also need to rotate the compressor housing (silver side). To do that you will need to get the massive cir clip off!
gopulsar

Post by gopulsar »

thanks bud.
baz

Post by baz »

They can be abit of a bitch to get off, Get your T2 and sit it next to the T25G and get a rough match so you can see exactly where the exhaust housing and comp housing are meant to face, undo the 4 bolts on the exhaust side and get a rubber mallet and some WD-40 and spray on it, Leave it a few min then bash around the housing, If the rubber mallet fails, use a normal hammer but don't bash it to hard, Just give it a few nice hits around it will start to come away from the core, Then rotate it to suit, As for the comp housing you will need a person to help you to make it easier, I used my GF to help me :D ..get some cir clip pliers and pull that cir clip in really hard and get someone to twist the housing, When I did my T25 the clip was well and truly stuck so i got a flat head screw driver and got it on an angle on 1 of the cir clip holes and bashed it with a hammer and it loosened the clip, So do that to both sides if it's to hard to do at first with pliers, Once you've pulled the clip in once then it's easier to do it again if you need to adjust it
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
gopulsar

Post by gopulsar »

cheers mate ill be doin that tomorrow