N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

T28 upgrade question plz help..

General chat related to anything N12.
gopulsar

T28 upgrade question plz help..

Post by gopulsar »

I have just bought off ebay a t28 to fit to my project exa. do i need to get a high mount manifold or will it bolt up to the stock manifold?? any help appreciated cheers
NismoBoi

manifold

Post by NismoBoi »

im pretty sure ull need a custom manifold as the factory manifold has a different flange and so forth
How cute!Is that a V8?
ETONE

Re: manifold

Post by ETONE »

NismoBoi wrote:im pretty sure ull need a custom manifold as the factory manifold has a different flange and so forth
lol are you serious???

"bolt on" mate its a tight squeeze tho
you will need a dump pipe made

Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
Damo

Re: T28 upgrade question plz help..

Post by Damo »

gopulsar wrote:I have just bought off ebay a t28 to fit to my project exa. do i need to get a high mount manifold or will it bolt up to the stock manifold?? any help appreciated cheers
If it is a T28 off a CA or SR or RB26 or VG30DETT, bolt on. If it is a "T28" off a RB20,25 or VG30DET or FJ or Z18, wrong flange (and wrong descript of the turbo).

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
baz

Post by baz »

It will bolt straight on mate, You can use the standard dump pipe as well but only 4 out of 5 studs match up but still works fine, Also you don't need to remove the radiator to fit the turbo in, Some people say you do but it does make it easier, BUT it still easily done with the radiator in place, Just unbolt one and bolt the new one on, Simple as that
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
baz

Post by baz »

If it's a T28 from a vg30 etc then just get a T25/28 exhaust housing for it?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

NismoBoi

turbo

Post by NismoBoi »

hey mate no need to have a go at me i didn't know as im gettin a custom dump pipe and manifold made up cause i wanted to do it properly the first time and not have any headaches.......
How cute!Is that a V8?
baz

Post by baz »

Don't worry about him bud, Some people on here expect others to know what they know but that clearly isn't the case, You wont need a custom manifold made up if you get an exhaust housing off a a T25 or T28, Heck I think i may even have one floating around here somewhere, Save your coin as a custom manifold won't be cheap, I did have a dump pipe for sale not long ago on here but it sold, You can pick up a 2nd hand dump pipe on here for under $100 but for the mean time just use the stock dump pipe, All matches up fine apart from 1 stud but it still gets a solid clamp happening..Spend your coin on other things that are necessary bud, But if your a wealthy fella then I'd go all out :P

ETONE

Post by ETONE »

Why would you have headaches with the stantard manifold??
the fastest et in aus runs the standard manifold.

"Don't worry about him bud, Some people on here expect others to know what they know but that clearly isn't the case"

And Baz is the biggest offender of this :P

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
NismoBoi

turbo

Post by NismoBoi »

well i thought id dealt with some numnuts in my time,but i thought wrong,i was thinking people on here were helpful,how wrong i was,ah well u get that don't u
How cute!Is that a V8?
baz

Post by baz »

How am I a big offender of this?..I was trying to help this guy out not lower his self esteem, Throw him a bone

albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Mate, the standard exhaust manifold will be just fine, I just did up a custom dump pipe and she goes like all hell...
Why fight ova simple shit ppl...??

Alby...
Don't Laugh, My Turbo Lag Gives Your V8 A Chance...:D
gopulsar

Post by gopulsar »

hey guys! much appreciated all imput! the turbo come off a s15 is ball bearing. i have ordered a 3in ss dump thats bolts up to s15 so hope it will work. if not, they still makin grinders and welders arnt they??
NismoBoi

t28

Post by NismoBoi »

so correct me if im wrong i could get a t25or t25g and install it on my standard manifold,run new oil and water lines, as im going braided,im not keen on the differences between the turbo flanges and not being to have a total seal,hence why im going custom,got a quote for 1000 which is manifold in thick walled steampipe and intercooler piping and mounting,so thats not a bad price i thought
How cute!Is that a V8?
baz

Post by baz »

Yeah you can use a T25, T25g on the standard exhaust manifold, You can use the standard oil lines as they will connect straight up, All you will have to do is rotate the housings on the turbo and plumb in water lines