N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

its really bugging me why you guys never got 3 door

General chat related to anything N12.
cherryturbojames

its really bugging me why you guys never got 3 door

Post by cherryturbojames »

its really bugging me why you guys never got 3 door they are far superior in looks and just about all hot hatches were marketed as 3 doors so why did oz only get 5 door models does anyone actually know why??

reaper

Post by reaper »

no offence but i prefer the 5 door
angel

Post by angel »

i think the 3 doors look stumpy.

But basically the ET was presented as a small family car, so 5 doors was a must. or so i have read
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

reaper wrote:no offence but i prefer the 5 door
yeah, i'm with reaper on this one. the 5 door looks right. no offense but the 3 door looks kinda like a toyota sprinter gone horribly wrong. different markets, maybe Australia being a large country with decent sized family's they thaught we'd prefer 5 doors being more conveniant for passengers and for more comfort in the rear? just a guess.

damn you angel, you beat me to it! ^^^^î was thinking the family thing at the same time.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

?
ImageImage
djvass

Post by djvass »

yeh i would take the 5 door over the 3 door any day.
Just my 2 bobs worth!!!!

DJ
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Definetly the 5 door i prefer it. and ow btw here in the UK they dont have 5 door turbos so i decided to wack a turbo engine in a 5 door and whoooo hooo im the only dude around here with a 5 door

huuu hhuha aahah ah!!!
cherryturbojames

oh dear cant believe someone from the uk prefers the 5 door , better as a stealth car yes but not on looks , in the uk it would be just so wrong to have a hot hatch 5 door it rarely happens and im pretty sure they didnt market it towards families anyway , and theres no more room in a 5 door than a 3 door as its exactly the same shell with the door pilar moved a bit. i suppose its what you are used to im used to seeing 3 door cherry turbos and all the 5 doors as old bint shopping wagons i expect you guys think the 3 door looks weird as you arent used to it , does anyone know for definate why you didnt get it? you had other 3 door hot hatches?
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I prefer the two-door model.......

:twisted:
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

ours was built and designed here in teh uk they were lazy and brought the euro/jap version in
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
cherryturbojames

Panda_ET wrote:ours was built and designed here in teh uk they were lazy and brought the euro/jap version in
i find that hard to believe they sold 4 doors worldwide and while im sure they were assembled there not too sure about designed , they had to put certain ozzy spec stuff on the n12s to make it more appealing to the ozzy market like the seats and brakes , good to see they upgraded the brakes somewhere in the world as the only thing they did here was in 85 to facelift the model put new lights and vented disc s on like the prairie use
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

right, there's only one way too settle this thing. a drag! i'll meet you half way cherryturbojames. :lol:
tico pulsar

Post by tico pulsar »

i really like 5 door pulsar beacause the 3 door looks like a b12 sentra, or like a 1 kind of misubishi colt!!!

before this pulsar i like a lot 3 door cars, but when i see my pulsar, was like a fatal atraction!!!
God is tico!!! oeoeoeoe...
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

damn right Tico the B12 chassis is UGLEEEE.

sory james but yes there were certain parts that were attached here in aus though im not 100% but im pretty sure the 4 door chassis in aus was assembled here I know the Exa isnt thats a full import. thought i stil stand by what i said about nissan UK being lazy. i personally dont like the cherry at all because we actually got most of the cherry/milano parts here in aus it was sold by GM(holden here, vauxhall to you) and i dont like them either. if i was to buy a 3 door it would be a langley as they look 100 times better and if i wanted teh larger headlights i would choose the normal ET lights over chery/milano. tho if you want a headlight i have a brand new one sitting here to suit your car lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
velardejose

Post by velardejose »

The b12 is not THAT ugly...
My 2 door sentra says 'b22' stamped on the firewall...
Peace