N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

the defining moment!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Coolbeno

the defining moment!

Post by Coolbeno »

i find in most builds there is a defining moment this could be a fork in the road that could lead you down easy street or leave you faced with what seems like the impossible hurdle, it doesn't matter what causes this decision maybe its money, time or even space but it seems like you are the only one that understands the battle you have ahead. this plight may fall on deaf ears but we are lucky that we have a whole community of like minded car lovers to bounce ideas and questions off. so when it comes time for your project to hit that do or die moment turn to the group of experienced n12 experts and maybe the path will become more clear. i might as well get to the point my moment appears to be that my exa is getting evicted due to my dads landlord. i have 3 weeks to remove the car and unfortunately i have nowhere for it to go. right now i can not think of a solution but the battle is far from over i am in way too deep and am not interested in quitting now. if anyone has had a similar situation or any ideas they would be much appreciated.

thanks' Ben
I have driven lots of cars in my time from a suzuki
hatch to a 600hp track spec v8 but the rides i most enjoy are turbocharged!!
baz

Post by baz »

Surely you have a friend or relative that has room for your car until you find an alternative solution?..Anyone have land / paddock / anything so you can figure out what to do next?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Coolbeno

Post by Coolbeno »

most of my friends don't have room they live in units or share houses the only thing i can think of is send the car to the body shop and just pay the bill when its done. this could end up costing me a fortune though.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

whats needed to be done to it? If it needs a road worthy i ,now just the place. That is if you can slap it together n drive it. Pm me if ya want info, trust me its worth it.
Dex
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

how long do you need to store it for? if it's not too long i own my home and the vert is currently elsewhere so i have a car space if you are desperate..
i could park it at mine for a couple of months (have to ask the mrs first tho lol)

but i'm in north brisbane (narangba) that may be too far away for ya?
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

National storage do storage sheds the size of your exa for about $210 a month

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
baz

Post by baz »

$210 is daylight robbery lol, There are always other alternatives
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Mate I feel for you. We've down sized from a 4 beddie house to a 2 and what is the first thing that gets sacrificed. The project car space. This whole project thing would be a lot cheaper if you had the space to buy and store whole cars for parts without looking like a car graveyard.

A lot of storage joints will charge less if you store your car in the open. Have you looked into doing that and putting a good cover on it.
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

baz wrote:$210 is daylight robbery lol, There are always other alternatives
i have one and it's worth every penny :D keeps all the clutter out of my garage so i can actually use it

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
Coolbeno

Post by Coolbeno »

i think i could get a roadworthy anyway if i needed it but thanks for the offer. i went over to my dads today to get some more info on the auto eviction and
i stared at the car for a while and i think I'm starting to piece together a solution. today i got the interior back together wheels on the car and that got it off the stands it rolls now with no brakes but that is just some brake fluid and a few pipes bolted up away. it does not have an engine but that dosent matter because the plan so far is send the exa to the spray shop and then buy the ex fulli et which looks complete put that in the garage in waiting for the exa to get back from being sprayed. before the exa gets back put the engine together and install it over the weekend. dispose of the et body once i get all the parts i want off it and tow the exa to the workshop to do the final wiring and get it roadworthy. so thats the plan lets see if i can stick to it and get this mess all sorted out, thanks for the kind words of sympathy. ben