N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

read!!!!

General chat related to anything N12.
Sabri

read!!!!

Post by Sabri »

ok there's like 3784782 posts on how to make ur n12 flutter..

now there is so many ways people do this..
i just want to know the BEST way.. ( even tho this fcuks ur turbo )

i still got a AFM.. i got a cooler and a BOV..

My theory is to put the AFM on the intercooler piping and the pod filter straight of the turbo with lets say a 7cm pipe....

so.. how far from the TB would i mount the AFM on the piping ..?

and would i have to disconnect the bov.. ( by taking the vacum hose of.?)
i want it to sound like this:

cheers
saba..

once again sorry for another post on fluttering :P LOL
BBBOOOSSSTTTTTT == RRRUUUSSSHHHHHH
baz

Post by baz »

I've recently done this not long ago

Thats my engine bay and as you can see my AFM Isn't to far from my T/B, then I have my pod like a few cm away from my turbo, My car has the standard T2 on it and I still get decent flutter that is VERY noticeable, With a T25 or something bigger than a standard turbo you will get a louder and slower flutter, And with your bov, Just disconnect the VAC line and you will be fine!..Hope the pic helps?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

Thanks alot champ..

make a video or something..

very good job on the piping looks tuff!!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

u want it to sound just like that ..then buy it then u will have that sound. it will sound different to that the sound will depend on a lot of variables.

why do u need a theory so many people have done it before just copy them
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
j0of

Post by j0of »

i ran the afm like that for a week or 2 last year, lost all response perfromance and fuel econmy car ran like a bucket of shit, gave it up when the afm broke

for the sake of the occasional "hektik cuz" from your mate get over the idea unless your going to do it right with aftermarket management
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

well some ppl like to here OTHER peoples opinions

&& negative feedback is sad...

( i don't think this forum should be a rude one with disrespect.. as it does have a good reputation )..
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

hay you still looking for a car if so then i have one here has lt8 in it it flutters lol and neat as he would like around 4000 for it i now it isnt a lemon as i put the turbs on it lol and drove it
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
baz

Post by baz »

Bollocks, car runs fine with the afm on the piping, You loose no response at all, I'm still running it and I've had no problems at all, fuel economy has not changed!
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Sabri

Post by Sabri »

4000 for a lemon ROFL.... funi!
EA-73-XA

Post by EA-73-XA »

hey bud

the car will run fine with the AFM in the piping...

the flutter is sick!

although mine does pump black smoke on idle.....mega rich tune

funny, i thought these engines are prone to leaning lol

u love the sound of a VL turbo fluttering?
well they have a flap style too, and they use this AFM placement to get flutter as well
T3T4 hybrid, FMIC and MT8 =

EA-73-XA now known as DR-34-MN
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

thank you for the positive feed back much appreciated

love the sound.. and i reckon it mach's the et so good ..

its a real head turner..

Damo

Post by Damo »

I'm not realy fussed what people class as the 'best' flutter, as everyone (who likes the sound) has their own take on whats sounds good. Usualy, the bigger the turbo and the greater the volume of the I/C and piping between the turbo and T/B will give the longest, deepest sounding flutter, usualy on lowish boost and when partialy backing off rather than gear changing.
It also helps to have a filter right off the turbo with the shortest pipe practical.

As for AFM location, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference where it is, but would probably give better sound with it between the turbo and T/B. Problem with this setup would be subjecting the AFM to boost, and if the log is still in place like the above pic (and plumbed correctly), you will be subjecting things to boost pressure which arn't supposed to 'see' it.

As for the BOV saving turbo's :roll: :roll: :roll: unless you are running a 40yo turbo or something designed for a diesel engine, IT IS A CROCK OF SHIT!

BTW, click my lower youtube address in my sig to hear/see my flutter. Best at 4 - 5 seconds.
Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

thanks for the help guys =]..
baz

Post by baz »

I have my log etc plumed up correctly, No problems at all with leaning out or smoking, Only smokes when i hit boost as my turbo is shagged, Not from the flutter, It's been shagged for over 6 months, But meh it's only the oil seal, I say do the mod mate, Fark the bov off as they are crap imop, I had a bov for nearly a year and it was loud as all crap, Much prefer the flutter but hey it's your car, If you have an adjustable bov you can tighten it and in lower boost you will get flutter and in higher boost the bov will open and yeah you will get your bov sound, That is providing you have your bov between the AFM and turbo, So maybe have the best of both worlds?

Sabri

Post by Sabri »

LOL.. thanks bazz..

helped heaps.. i have dont a AFM relocation on my old et.. with no cooler and i got a very small flutter.. but my new 1s got a cooler and shit so after i change the head and turbo il do it and post up a vid for u boyz

cheers
sabbaa..