N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Et riders N12 ET Pulsar *updated 21/5/2010* 56k warning

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

keep her in there till yu buidl the new engine nad put it in. i wana see wat progress u have done wen i eget back from my army course
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

hahaha no probs man
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Ok i finally took the pics of my poosar of the digital camera of it getting towed home hope you injoy

This one hurt scraped the hole way up

And no my bonnet isnt black i have a bonnet with paint on it it isn't faded lol

Home at last

And just so people now i used Towing for less i loved the service i received from this guy was great he runs his own bissnes and was very funny and polite as well as very responsible price i recommend any one in the Adelaide area to use him very good

For now the pooser is in the shed for a wile wile i sort out depts the it is going to empty shell and Everything will be replaced it is hurting but needs to be done
My Ride
psiboy

Post by psiboy »

:( geez matt, that pulsars gona need more work!! im wondering what is goin on with that poor ol girl? i treat mine like a friggin race car, lots of revs n boost and not a rattle!!! YET!!! just lucky i guess. hang in ther mate :D
wasnt me officer
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

psiboy wrote::( geez matt, that pulsars gona need more work!! im wondering what is goin on with that poor ol girl? i treat mine like a friggin race car, lots of revs n boost and not a rattle!!! YET!!! just lucky i guess. hang in ther mate :D
Ha you spent the money on her first then played i played and then spent money were i shouldnt lol soon man we still need to go for a cruze yet a
My Ride
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

ok uplate update got around to pulling the head of the poosar on sat and wish i didn't to my amazement i found a melted piston ( running stock boost to mmmm) and because i left it so long all of the water from the rooted head was sitting in the bore ....so now i have a melted piston and a seized engine lol meh they make a good coffee table not really im devastated and fell bad for hurting my baby

i will keep you all posted on my proses and i will though a pic of my loverly piston up on Monday does any one now what can cause a piston to melt its running stock boost atm and has done for a month up to its last drive
My Ride
et_rider

updated

Post by et_rider »

ok i thought i would update on the prosses of my little pride and joy she is pretty much striped down now ready for a paint

and a little spidy web i found

my ecu

door trim

this amazed me it still has the sticker on it from the day it was made
My Ride
RIP EAZY E

yea

Post by RIP EAZY E »

hey mate is that fan on your ecu actually connected?
et_rider

Re: yea

Post by et_rider »

RIP EAZY E wrote:hey mate is that fan on your ecu actually connected?

haha soon to be its was on my old case to help keep it cool at the moment its just rice that pic was just showing how easy it is to see the ecu wile there is no chairs lol
My Ride
et_rider

update 4/12/08

Post by et_rider »

ok time for an update on the proses of ma ride
decided to go all out and sound proff her as i have been driving the commie around its nice becuse you cant hear the out side noise as such.

soooo i got some sound proff paint and i have some isolation to stick on when i do the second cote of paint

start with ripping the carpet out amazing to think how much dust was under even though the car was clean.

The cleaning tools (good old ajax Spray and wipe :wink: )

B4

After

With the first cote of paint on it

Will keep yus updated on the proses and what other stuff i do
My Ride
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hey,

There is a lot of work to getting the car disassembled to that stage :)

Even more getting it back together, don't lose the bolts like I did.

Pistons melt due to overheating cylinder temperatures, from lean mixtures caused by too much boost, malfunctioning/blocked injector. 16PSI, not intercooled and on the standard controller is pushing it.

How long was it running like that for?

I have heard they do not go that much harder between 10PSI and 16PSI, is that true. I have never tried that without damaging something.

Keep us updated on the build, get an intercooler, and get a programmable ECM/fuel system to support 16PSI. Then you'll be cooking.
Race it.
psiboy

Post by psiboy »

geez :roll: are you still not done with that thing!!!(only kidding)
bloody hell mat i didnt realise your passion mate!! ,even got out tha AJAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
i'll have to catch up wit ya mate,u can check out me new ride :twisted:
wasnt me officer
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Timmzy wrote:Hey,

There is a lot of work to getting the car disassembled to that stage :)

Even more getting it back together, don't lose the bolts like I did.

Pistons melt due to overheating cylinder temperatures, from lean mixtures caused by too much boost, malfunctioning/blocked injector. 16PSI, not intercooled and on the standard controller is pushing it.

How long was it running like that for?

I have heard they do not go that much harder between 10PSI and 16PSI, is that true. I have never tried that without damaging something.

Keep us updated on the build, get an intercooler, and get a programmable ECM/fuel system to support 16PSI. Then you'll be cooking.

haha it only ran at 16psi twicw on a very cold night and i can tell you now there was a missive differance between10psi and 16psi the differnce can be put simply minimal wheel spin and still fast at 10psi to no traction cruzing at 3grand and planting it and it just lighting up lol the only time i really ran it at 16psi was when she was dieng to to many problems and no cash to fix her lol and with the cooler i have one i have a big one lol im only planning for 12 to 14 psi any more is just to uncontrolable lol

thankyou for your reply matt aka etrider

ps: oh and i was running 7 psi when the piston melted lol taking of from the lights but i do think the afm was on the way out as it was running very rich at idle and would lean out on aclaration
Last edited by et_rider on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Ride
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

psiboy wrote:geez :roll: are you still not done with that thing!!!(only kidding):
haha nope not yet soon i hope :cry: :cry:
psiboy wrote:bloody hell mat i didnt realise your passion mate!! ,even got out tha AJAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :
yup absolute passion love the things for some bloody reason lol
psiboy wrote:i'll have to catch up wit ya mate,u can check out me new ride :twisted:
amen to that i will pm ya my new address its abit closer then the last one only eliz park and yes i need to see your new ride maby i can show ya a pic of our drifter crasida we had lol
My Ride
purplepearl84

colour

Post by purplepearl84 »

what colour you'd end up painting ya beast. might see ya round adelaide some time or on a cruse, if ya into them. is rare to see a et's cruse'n ade.