N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

MY CAR HAS BEEN STOLEN (Victoria) || UPDATE: CAR FOUND

General chat related to anything N12.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

tma wrote:I just got a call from the police. They have found my car in Hawthorn, about 3km from where it was stolen. The police said that it doesn't appear to be damaged, and is locked. I'll be going to pick it up shortly.
well thank f_ck for that! I hope the police are right about it not being damaged to! It must be a huge relief to know she's coming back home.
anyway dude, good luck with it and let us know if theres any damage or anything stolen. fricken scum, i hope they get cought! they probably wont though.
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

I have the car back.

Only damage I have seen is the passenger side mirror is smashed up. Everything else seems fine.

Stereo and speakers are still in the car. In fact, the only thing missing from the car is a pair of shitty sunnies I didn't like anyway. Still has half a tank of fuel. Go figure.

The only probs were that the battery was flat, and it smells of beer (there was an empty beer can left in the car).

Police weren't able to get any prints off it, but I was able to drive it home and I now have my car back. I'm very relieved, although I'm still a bit nervous about finding any other damage.

My best guess is that a couple of guys were walking home from the pub and just decided they'd rather drive home than walk, and chose an easy target. I'm not even sure how they got in, or how they started the car (no damage to the locks that I can see, no loose wiring or anything either).

Seriously considering an immobiliser, although I'll take the cheap and nasty route for now and pull the distributor lead out when parking it on the street.
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Thats great news that your car was recovered in close to one piece, good to hear.

This probably isn't the case for you but check under the seats. When my dads car got stolen a few years back they found used sharps under the drivers seat.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

In my first ET, I had mates with VL commodores and R31 skylines whos keys happily opened my door and started the ignition. Bit of a problem when the locks wear down and get friendly, with the same key style in such wide circulation. Maybe your pissed dickhead was a VL driver too :P. Glad you got it back mate, have you had since you started the forum 7 years ago???

Sam
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

thepurplepulsar wrote:This probably isn't the case for you but check under the seats. When my dads car got stolen a few years back they found used sharps under the drivers seat.
That's a very good call, mate, thanks, I'll check that.
wassup393 wrote:In my first ET, I had mates with VL commodores and R31 skylines whos keys happily opened my door and started the ignition. Bit of a problem when the locks wear down and get friendly, with the same key style in such wide circulation. Maybe your pissed dickhead was a VL driver too :P. Glad you got it back mate, have you had since you started the forum 7 years ago???
I've had it for about 4 years, before that I went through about 3 N12 Exas in a short space of time.

t
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Dude... you must be so relieved!!!

Install an alarm/imobiliser now :)
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

They bothered to lock it before they left it? How bizarre.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

tma wrote:I have the car back.

Only damage I have seen is the passenger side mirror is smashed up. Everything else seems fine.

Stereo and speakers are still in the car. In fact, the only thing missing from the car is a pair of shitty sunnies I didn't like anyway. Still has half a tank of fuel. Go figure.

The only probs were that the battery was flat, and it smells of beer (there was an empty beer can left in the car).

Police weren't able to get any prints off it, but I was able to drive it home and I now have my car back. I'm very relieved, although I'm still a bit nervous about finding any other damage.

My best guess is that a couple of guys were walking home from the pub and just decided they'd rather drive home than walk, and chose an easy target. I'm not even sure how they got in, or how they started the car (no damage to the locks that I can see, no loose wiring or anything either).

Seriously considering an immobiliser, although I'll take the cheap and nasty route for now and pull the distributor lead out when parking it on the street.
Mate, that's choice!!!!
You must be sooo relieved. Excellent news that there's next to no damage too.
I have one of those alarm/immobilisers off e-bay, cost $30. Works a treat.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
angel

Post by angel »

Paul Smith wrote:They bothered to lock it before they left it? How bizarre.
yeh im with paul, why the hell would they lock, i guess they are considerate theives
Matt

Post by Matt »

angel wrote:considerate theives
Oxymoron
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

congrats dude. we had an an adelaide member's car die and he left it at the side of the road. when he came past on the bus the next morning it was gone.. reported it stolen.. polive couldn't find it.. guess what.. the council had taken it. lol... funny story..

anyway. glad you got it back. hopefully its not been thrashed and starts to pour smoke out in a couple of days.
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

Ben Hewitson wrote:congrats dude. we had an an adelaide member's car die and he left it at the side of the road. when he came past on the bus the next morning it was gone.. reported it stolen.. polive couldn't find it.. guess what.. the council had taken it. lol... funny story..

anyway. glad you got it back. hopefully its not been thrashed and starts to pour smoke out in a couple of days.
It couldn't possibly pour more smoke than it already does. ;)
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

is this still the same ET as whats up on n12 editors page?
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

good to hear mate, theres nothing worse than the stink of alcohol and old cigarettes after some cvnts have been through your car :?
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

shanec86 wrote:is this still the same ET as whats up on n12 editors page?
Yup, although it's a bit worse for wear now.