N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My pushies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Kimmo

My pushies

Post by Kimmo »

So I used to read Street Machine back in the day, dreaming about pimping up this car or that, considering all the sweet ways I'd like to showcase my aesthetic... but I've owned a machine worthy of such treatment for ages now, and never really felt compelled; the sheer volume of work and cash required is just too daunting.

But a treadly is another matter - you can fully cut sick with only hours and hundreds. Plus, I've been volunteering at The Bike Shed for three years, and I've been working as a bike mechanic for a year, so there's that...

So here's the latest creation; a parts bin rat rod. Hillman is a grouse old Aussie brand, quite sought-after amongst the fixie hipsters these days ( :x )... this one is a size or two too small for me, hence the 130mm stem and miles of seatpost. Doesn't handle too well and the toe overlap shits me hard, but I love all the drop (from seat to bars).

The rusty spokes, crappy-looking decals on the wheels and grey primer on the carbon fork are all part of the aesthetic here... it's a cool old frame in ratty nick fully pimped out with all the mod cons like threadless fork, 31.8mm bars, 24mm external BB, segmented cable housing etc, but all that gear's just whatever I had around that would do the job. Funny thing is, the parts spec goes from top-tier down to lower mid-range and it's distributed pretty much exactly like my priorities. Sweet.

Basically, 'I don't give a fuck how it looks; the fact it looks awesome is an accident.'

More

The next weapon's looks are no accident. This puppy is blinged-up to eleven.

Pow.

8.05kg. Stiff as buggery yet incredibly compliant. America's best shifting gear, Japan's best brakes and drivetrain. Mmm, SRAM RED and Shimano Dura Ace...

That was a good tax return. But BTW, the frameset was a freebie! Friend of a friend's warranty job; it's got a small crack in the seat tube above the front derailer, totally NBD. I love that crack.

More

And here's my favourite bike... had this fifteen years. Looks pretty rockin' these days.

It's a size too big, but that has no handling disadvantages, and I like stretching out over a longer top tube. Mitigated by the compact bars, and I also shortened the head tube. Plus I shortened the seat tube, modified the shifter bosses, and years ago did a bunch of work tidying up the frame after I stripped it.

I paid $400 s/h for this mental full-carbon fork (very rare in 1", weighs like 350g), I have to get it stripped and painted to match this anodising and etching job I want to get done on the frame after I do some more work to it and polish it...

Some hours of photochopping wizardry... BAM.

Fuck yeah.

More
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Only one of your pix is working Kimmo, but it looks slick. I just got me a new DH tank, I snapped the last one......
It's a Norco A-Line Park Edition, Marzocchi 888 RCV Fork, adjustable BB height, 150x12mm dropouts, forged headtube, Marzocchi Roco TST R rear shock, Uno seat post, Camo saddle, Wellgo Dual Clamp grips, Echowell ECW4 computer, Truvativ Holzfeller crank & E-13 SRS chain guide, Truvativ Hussefelt bars, Avid Code hydraulic twin piston 8" disc brakes, Sun Ringle hubs & Sun MTX S-type Rims.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Basalt84

My pushies

Post by Basalt84 »

Nice bike!