N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

THE END OF MY F#$KING WORLD!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Damo

THE END OF MY F#$KING WORLD!

Post by Damo »

To coincide with the 'End of the world', I found out how much a butt fuck the ACT motor registry is, which has resulted in a partial 'end of my world'.

In the ACT, you are able to re-register a vehicle on-line or via a ACT shop front without the need for a written inspection, as long as the registration on that vehicle hasn't lapsed for more than 12months. My Poosar gets driven maybe once a month for a couple of hours if I'm lucky, so I only ever bother to put on 3months rego at a time, and after the rego has lapsed, I make sure I re-register it within the 12 month period. (I also have personalized plates which must be registered with a vehicle to remain in my possesion!)
I had the car registered for the last 3 months of 2011 which from memory ran out on midnight the 20th December (bloody Myan's). To my dismay, after arriving back in Canberra on the 12th and getting to my olds on the 15th I found that the rego actually lapsed on the 15th!!!!! Fuckity fuck!
Not to be totally defeated, I went into the registry on Monday the 17th anyway, and the cranky lady behind the counter cemented my fears and told me that I would need to get a day pass to move the car to an approved inspection garage, get a 'road worthy', come back with the certificate and my rego plates pay my dosh to get my renewed rego. My heart sank.
For the sake of 2 days I have created myself a truckload of work just to get my car rego'd again so I can 'legally' drive my shitbox on the road for a handfull of hours per year. I don't know if it is worth the hassle. If there were a drag strip in Canberra, I would say screw it, it can be a track car only, but the is no strip in Canberra and I am leaning toward not trying to re register it!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
robbo

Post by robbo »

how difficult is getting a road worthy in the ACT? can you find a nice lenient mechanic to help out?
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

yay for victorian club permit.

$50 odd bucks a year :)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

There is a moral in all of this.....................
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

tassuperkart wrote:There is a moral in all of this.....................
Oracle
And I'm sure you're just the one he wants to hear it from old friend. Partake your wisdom on us to give poor DAMO some Christmas cheer.
Damo

Post by Damo »

The moral of this story is not to leave your pride and joy neglected in your olds garage for more than 12mths while your sitting on a beach at the 'GC' getting a tan! :D

Damo

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Errrrmmm.... "move along now--nothing to see here....!!!!

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

shanec86 wrote:yay for victorian club permit.

$50 odd bucks a year :)
$130 including TAC
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
baz

Post by baz »

Anymore to the story now?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

lol there was a good reason for losing rego its called hot weather and good local seenery lol
Damo

Post by Damo »

baz wrote:Anymore to the story now?
Sort of. I have a plan to re-rego it but it may involve some ........... thinkings. :wink: No rush.

Damo