N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Universal central locking

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Baaahahaha yer, everytime you hit the remote you hatch pops and the ful flap opens lmao!!!!!!!
:D:D:D
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

I was thinking more along the lines of wiring them to two press buttons inside the cockpit rather than to the receiver for the Central Locking. Just for that "modern" electrical opening of Hatch and Fuel Flap, because leaning down with your hand and using the floor mounted lever is way harder than pressing a button.

But whatever floats your boat E. :P
(Seems like something you'd do to annoy the Wifey "Hey Honey I hooked up central locking in your ET, however...")
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Andjeti wrote:What E said.
Make sure the actuators are lined up as best you can. I'd even make brackets to position them in line if they were needed.
Thanks Jay! I actually did that, using the brackets that came with the kit. There was no other way to attach them either because there isn't just enough flat space anywhere to directly mount the actuators onto.
Andjeti wrote:place some plastic over them so they are protected somewhat from dust and moisture, doesn't seem to matter how good the window seals are on our cars always manage to end up with water inside my doors during a heavy rain.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to see what I can come up with.
Andjeti wrote:Are you just going to keep the 2 unused actuators as spare Jan, or are you going to wire them up to open say boot and fuel filler cap?

Cheers
Jay
I don't know yet. Originally I was going to keep them as spares but now you got me thinking... :twisted:
tassuperkart wrote:Baaahahaha yer, everytime you hit the remote you hatch pops and the ful flap opens lmao!!!!!!!
:D:D:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Andjeti wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of wiring them to two press buttons inside the cockpit rather than to the receiver for the Central Locking. Just for that "modern" electrical opening of Hatch and Fuel Flap, because leaning down with your hand and using the floor mounted lever is way harder than pressing a button.

But whatever floats your boat E. :P
(Seems like something you'd do to annoy the Wifey "Hey Honey I hooked up central locking in your ET, however...")
Hahahahah I think i was pulling your chain M8!!!!! I think it worked!!!!!
Cheers
Oracle
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Yeah I kinda realised that you were taking-the-piss. But then I went to uni...

Some of the "younger" students doing Engineering degrees just so happen to be stupid enough to not use auxiliary switches, but rather hook it up to the remote receiver. So while we were stuffing around making fun of each other, I did happen to add a little seriousness in there for anyone (I doubt ANY ET owner is that dumb, but others look at the forums too) who happens upon Jan's post and decides to put Universal Central in their own vehicle.

Just amazes me how some people have made it to 17, and I get quite scared of what the world will be like when they get to my age (or even yours for that matter E)

Jay
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
Damo

Post by Damo »

hmmmmmmmm........... A whole world where everyone is E's age and able to read Hieroglyphics, prune juice would be the universal commodity. :wink:

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

:D :D :D :D
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......*cough cough, snort, spit.....push down piss horn* errrrr WTF????? Snrrrggghhh......zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!