N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Glass Repair(gone wrong)

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
amraks

Glass Repair(gone wrong)

Post by amraks »

Ok took my liberty in to get a new windscreen

they have fitted it but have ripped allot of paint off they top of the roof.

Its a insurance glass cover job they recommened they repairer, I paid 40 dollars excess.

What should I do how should I cover the costs for the roof to be resprayed, who covers this?
Do they?

the paint was fine, their excuse the paint must of been to soft for the masking tape, I bet who ever ripped it off did it fast.

thoughts and opinions would be good.
Amraks
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

If its a recommended repairer from your insurance company they should be able to take care of it no problem... Have you talked to them? They should be first to hear about it
amraks

Post by amraks »

I will be calling them tommorow as I never got home till later on that day.
Amraks
amraks

Post by amraks »

hey the boss at the glass place has a 180 thousand dollar car and gave me a demo of putting masking tape on it.

Well for what he paid for the car I would expect it not to peel the paint off what a cheese.

he is only wanting to pay for half of the costs, why can't he just pay the lot and be done with it.

Basically its going to cost me 800 dollars more than my excess if I have a accident.
This is just a inconvenience to me when I was only expecting to be paying 40 dollars for a new windscreen not glass all around my car.
Amraks
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Mate fuck it if it's a shit paint job or not, they did they damage, make them pay. It's cock suckers like this that make everyone of us with cars not worth a pinch of shit, not want to take out insurance. Have you got any close ups of the area from before the car went in. If they're prepared to pay half the cost, then surely they are admitting liability. Go to small claims or one of the free unless you win lawyers and see if they back down. Don't let it go dude, take one for the team. Good luck.
amraks

Post by amraks »

Got them to pay up but they never sprayed the full roof just blended the paint that was missing back in.

Which I don't think it quite looks right.
Amraks