N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh kents
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Finished off the relocation of the watercooler with some bracketry underneath that simply bolts to the battery box.
I was going to weld on a bracket to attach the cooler to the radiator support panel but with everything in place the cooler core sits quite stable so for now Ill prolly just leave it with its current mounts and see how it goes.

I had to get a bit funky with the water system since the new cooler position is well above the top of the cooler radiator.
I need to weld onto the cooler end tank a 20mm hosetail sos i can fit the fill point right at the top of the system but for now, i made a Tee fitting which screws into the existing outlet of the water tank. The return to radiator hose attaches from below and to carry a remote radiator cap setup on top.
If nothing else it looks kinda cool!!!!!

Bleeding the system is a right arsehole tho.
The flowrate from the pump is so high thru the system that if the water level in the top tank of the radiator drops anywhere below the tubes, it just sucks a gutfull of air and the pump stalls.
The radiator tubes, top and bottom tanks are tiny in volume in comparison to the area of the radiator and dont give a big enough "reserve" of space for air to gather.
with the pump running.
In the end I removed the radiators cap and topped it up from there which proved successful after partially pinching the pump outlet hose to reduce water flow.

I might consider restricting the water flow with a "jet" of some description in the pumps discharge hose to prevent air from being sucked down the radiator tubes and cavitating the pump.
Im also considering fabricating a remote header tank out of ally to act as a reservior and a place for air to purge to. See how it goes first.

More later
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I made a score this weekend.
For those who have followed this thread, my existing engine has had a drama with presurising the water system. there is a slight leak of air frome what i suspect is either a leaking HG with a pinholed fire-ring or a slight crack in the head.
Either way, requires quite a bit of work.
Altho the TT heads bolt straight on, the lower plenums are supposedly different and evidently dont interchange and so the central single plenum wont fit.
id have to use the TT plenum and manifolds and do a complete re-do of the inlet piping system which I cant be bothered with. So I have been searching for a pair of VG30det heads or another engine.

I got this:

Its a later model than mine. Comes fan to flywheel and everything inbetween and a quite large plumback BOV stock. Not intercooled tho. Oh yeah, it has GOLD cam covers!! Must it be faster eh?!!
$350 plus a carton of JD & Cokes!!!!
It was destined for a project similar to mine but that has ended due to that ute being stolen and never recovered!
You do get lucky sometimes. Sometime in the near future, ill pull the current engine, swap the bits over and poke this other one in..............sometime!!!

L8r
E
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

That's pure gold! More than just the cam covers. :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

now you got his engine will you let them find his ute?

C

:wink:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Baaahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!! Nope!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Found another toy.
Checkit:

NOT turbo. Slicktop (hardtop) 2 seater. The lightest Zed of them all.
Picked it up for 3000 which is a steal and brought it home from Melbourne today.
NOW I have something to poke that other motor into....perhaps!
This thing has been setup as a track car with a truckload of suspension goodies. Steers like a Gokart. Great fun in the twisties.

I have also scored a decent set of Volk Challenge 17 x 8 and 17 x 9 wheels. shod with Dunlop LeMans rubber
Forged, light,weight, strong and as exxie as all gettout to buy new......
here:

Now the time has come for me to begin considering priorities and decide what other vehicles have to go................ 5 registered vehicles is getting a bit much........ Decision time.

L8r
E
etking

Post by etking »

just dump the mazda! nice pick up!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, thats definitely going....but.............wellll... Im thinking of........saying goodbye to the beloved TurboGX as well..... dare I say that.
part the old girl out...I dunno yet. Not decided.
etking

Post by etking »

dont do it!!! just dump the mazda and stick with 4 cars :) or dump the race car ;) you still got that dirt bike too?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yep and both bikes are staying!
Time will tell.
L8r
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

those wheels should look alright on it. it's a shame you couldn't find the same one that used to be on it though.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Annoying part was I sent the dude who bought them from the zeds previous owner a PM. I waited a week or so with no reply so gave up and then found the Volks.

I eventually paid for the Volks and within a couple of hours the dude with the original wheels PM's me and offers them (Racing Sparco's) back for what he paid for them. $600. Seems he didnt really like the look of them on his green Zed.... arrrgh. Red rims on green Zed...no wonder!
You get that!
However, Im more than happy with the Volks tho. Very very serious iron.

L8r
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

what a pain in the ass! red rimmed wheels on a green Zed, sounds like he was going for the christmas look :D ahwell. Volk wheels rock so good score :wink:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

They are on their way as we speak.
I expect them sometime later this week.
L8r
E