N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, I know im a silly old fucker but today, i went out and bought a 10" sub box, a 150w RMS 10" sub driver and a 2 x 240w Continuous RMS per channel (bridged) amp.

This is just to compliment the Clarion 4 x 50w head in my truck............

I cant believe myself sometimes!!!!!!!!!!! Im such a friggin child!

Cant wait for the amp to arrive sos i can load it into the Western Star prime mover and hopefully kick my freakin head off.
Its already loaded with 6 high quality coaxials!
If not, Ill get another 10" sub box and driver and put that behind the passengers seat for just that extra bit of crunch..................
Fuck i love getting old!!!!!!!!
My kids cannot understand me at all!
Now, go and get fucked all of you muwaaaahahahahahahahah!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

your a tragic man evan
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
{TUBZ}

Post by {TUBZ} »

haha im like u...im a courier and have a 2002 merc van and iv decked it out twice...and 2nd time i landed SOUNDSTREAM as a customer and they hooked my up with a in dash dvd 12' sub in box and a 4ch 580watt amp...[/img]
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Ha ha ha, ah ya silly old man!

Having said that, my VW van I had (which already had great quality 3 way splits) I put a JVC head unit and a 10" kicker wedged between the front seats with a 250W RMS amp bolted to the cargo barrier.....
Now I have a new work car and it's all been transplanted.....into a Magna wagon!!!! pffffffffft ha ha ha ha ha. I'll get some pix.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

ROFLMAO!

As a matter of interest, the Clarion head unit decided to grab its bat and ball and go home and refused to play disks.

I whipped it out and took it up to Western Star and they replaced it, no questions asked, with Kenwood player. Evidently, that particular Clarion is quite troublesome.

I dont like the sound of the Kenwood nearly as much as the Clarion but hey!
That Clarion unit really had ......I dunno?? "Balls" I spose.

The Kenwoods much more....."gay" sounding LOL. Not nearly as edgy.

However, Ive frigged endlessly with the EQ presets and gotten it sounding quite good.

Danm its loud!

L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

More tragedies men!.

As you might know, i have an FJ20et in a 2wd Hi-Lux ute. It goes pretty well.
FJ20's are just so brutal and gnarly sounding. The e15et is no match in the balls out stakes!

However, I made a serious score this week.

i have been contemplating re-powering the ute to make it a better tow car for the race car trailer and stuff.

Ive contemplated a couple of different engines but i keep coming back to a VG30 Nissan V6. Cheap and plentiful and beautifully engineered bulletproof V6!

Anyway, I scored a VG30det which is the single turbo variant of the twin turbo quad cam 300zx (Fairlady) VG30dett from an engine importer.
A complete, long engine with all sensors, accessories, turbo and a cut loom for a measly 395 bucks! How cool is that?!!!

I had to buy a 300zx dett flywheel for 120 and freight from Syd to Hobart is 150.
So for under 700 bux I have a quad cam turbo V6 to make a very cewl hell ute!
I cant even rebuild the FJ20 for that.
If/when I ever pop a head gasket, or have to replace a cam belt, ill throw the entire fucking motor away and buy another one! So frikken cheap.

Im looking for a 2wd Nissan Navara V6 5 speed as well.

Im going for the commercial 5 speed as opposed to the 300ZX 5 speed as it should have a lower 1st and 2nd gear and wider overall spread of ratios which will suit my application as a tow vehicle much better than a close ratio 300ZX item.

I intend to boost it up to around 12 to 14psi or so on the Microtech MT-8 which should return at least 250Kw. All this in an 1100Kilo 2wd ute!
This should compliment the 4.1:1 LSD I fitted today!!!!

I cant wait!!

Fuck I refuse to grow up!

L8tr
E
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I want to to be like you when I'm old........

I mean older. Than I am now...
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

man have u met him? I wanna be like him as well the man has too much energy :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i wanna be like E to! i'm 24 and feel like a 60 year old. stuffed! so ah, E. what's the plan for the mighty FJ?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

hahaha you guys are so kind!!!!
My undercarriage is pretty fucked from the abuse of years of Moto-x racing and plenty of hell sports but my brain refuses to grow up!!!
I have no intention of altering or switching off the childishness either LMAO!

ettd? the FJ20et will be for sale as a complete running engine (fan to clutch) with forged pistons and no ECU or loom along with a spare T3 turbo.

Reasonable offers invited!!!!
L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

A bit more foolishness.

I fitted an intercooler to the FJ20 powered ute today.

Ive had this cooler for about 2 years laying around but i could never seem to be bothered with fitting it.

Anyway, since i had the grille out to change the headlights, i began playing around.

It was a rather annoying job actually. What at first glance appeared straightforward became a right pain in the arse.
Everywhere i wanted to use the hole saw had washer bottles, radiator overflow bottles, brackets and other sundry shit in the way.
So the only way to get the pipes thru the radiator support meant that the pipes came thru the panel quite close to the cooler itself which made things a bit difficult to get the elbows thru the panel and line up with the cooler inlets...bah!

Since the motor is going to be replaced soon, I cobbled the pipework up out of 2" stainless tube i had laying about and a handful of silicone sleeves and hose clamps so it looks a bit shabby compared to, say Bens artwork. However, i dont give a shit what it looks like so long at the bloody pipes dont blow out of the silicon tube!!
No welding apart from a mild steel section between the cooler and the TB which holds the bov.
I had run out of stainless bends by then but a trusty 2" mandrel bend destined for another project saved the day!
I welded in a new mount point for the Bov which now hides underneath the inlet manifold/plenum.
I used a different bov to the trusty old Turbosmart Type 1 and by christ this thing barks!!! LOL
Might have to change it back I reckon.

Seems to go allright tho. I gotta fit up a temp probe to see whats happening.

There you go!

L8tr
E
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

next thing your gonna tell us E is that you're gonna pimp it out with neons and bling 20" chromies. .then it will be a tragedy..

liek i said before.. max respect to the herd of elephants that is the FJ20ET.. long live the FJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

All those words and no pictures? How am I meant to understand it all? Ya know I don't do words.......
Last edited by The Renegade on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
etking

Post by etking »

i agree with renegade. show us your handy work o wise one?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

hehe
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.