N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

83 Sentra project

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
B11Chris

83 Sentra project

Post by B11Chris »

Greetings from the U.S. of A. It's hard to find support for this chassis so I came here lol. Just picked this up for $800, 1983 Datsun Sentra, 5 spd, factory A/C, E16 carb'd engine. I'm the 3rd owner, 2nd owner bought it in 1992 and towed it behind his RV across the country, so theres no telling how many of the cars 197k miles is just from being towed. It runs great, although it idles a bit high once warm and burns alittle rich. Compression is 150psi on all 4 cylinders which while kinda low compared to the 180psi it should have, means the rings are worn a bit which should actually be great for boost (won't have to open the engine up and gap the rings).

For my first of many questions (lol) about how much power can the stock E16 engine take? And how strong are the transmissions in these? Is there a option from another Nissan for a limited slip diff for it?

Image1983 Datsun Sentra by Sam Daniel, on Flickr
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

83 Sentra project

Post by 15exa »

very cool ride mate, welcome aboard.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

83 Sentra project

Post by 15exa »

"For my first of many questions (lol) about how much power can the stock E16 engine take? And how strong are the transmissions in these? Is there a option from another Nissan for a limited slip diff for it?"

i recently purchased a methanol fed E15 NA made 190hp on meth, but it is far from stock, argo rods, forged pistons, knif edged cranc, shit tonne of hed work, cam etc...... basically the sky and your wallet are the limit. anything over 150hp with a stock transmisson you will have dramas if you are rough on the shifts.

theres no direct fit option for limo diff, weld her up or make phantom grip style kit.
B11Chris

83 Sentra project

Post by B11Chris »

So basically the trans will hold whatever the stock engine can lol
B11Chris

83 Sentra project

Post by B11Chris »

R1 bike carbs ordered ;)