N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

n12 family

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

ok so i have found what could either be mt loom is stuffed or the sensors on the log are stuffed disconect the idol control and the black box thing next to it car stops smoking and flutters like all hell if any one else has any good ideas of what the issue could be feel free to mention it
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

There are no "sensors" on the log.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

ok so after many hours of stuffing round i have the motor has been taken back out of the et it has a new 4 puck clutch on re fitting the motor ill install the microtech digi and hand control fit a stage two regrind and some fj20et injectors all going to plans it should be all back together for the drag saturday
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well the et has made it to the lafm drag way in launceston tas off the trailer it ran a 10.4 over the 1/8 mile the best run of the day was a 9.66 with a very shit reaction time and a stuffed inlet manifold gasket i would have like to run the microtech but i have had spark issues with it so it was all ran on a stock ecu
Damo

Post by Damo »

A 9.66 over the 1/8 is nothing to be sneezed at. Add 50% for a approx quater time and that should nett you a flat 14. The RT shouldn't affect you ET though. Back in the day I managed to crack a highish 13 with the stocko ECU. Best of luck.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

id like to crack the high 8s over the 8th mile then ill be traverling just as quick as my mates 307 powered ht ute maybe try cracking the low 8s and beat his chev lol
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

Is this with slicks?
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

no it is with stock et wheels and 185 60 radials slicks would be a good investment and getting my microtech ecu to work would also help get the times down im going to try trx bluebird 15s with a 205 50 befor forking out the coin for slicks
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well the drags are on again this weekend at the lafm dragway tasmania the et wont be seeing this meet but hopefully it will be going out to the light car club of tasmanias club day next weekend to see what the et will do around symonds plains i reckon it will do alright but really dont have a clue as its only done 202 meter squirts at a time
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well it might be time to sell up the n12s have to wait and see as i have a bub on the way the thoughts are there to tuck it away for a few years or let some one else reap the benefits of all my goodies even though i think the et would make an awsome family car justy dont think the better half would agree with me so i guess getting it pit friendly again is the first step then get some rego on it and see what happens from there i guess worst thing about it all is i havent even put my racetech manifolds on to see what there like but if i choose to sell the et they go with it and the next owner can play around with them
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well a new job means the et stays and a cheaper shed to rent is also a good help once i move to the new shed the et will start getting a bit of a make over new injectors ill fix the inlet manifold gasket plus im also thinking its finally time i build a decent motor im just a little bit over having all these good parts just sitting there iv had all my racetec goodies for to many years and have never had them on a going motor yet

ill keep you guys posted id upload picks but i dont know how to but i have posted picks on the facebook group
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

wewll i have brought 2 microtech ecus both mt
8s but one has lt software on it just waiting for mister postie to deliever them to me then tuning begins after i figure out whats what on the microtec soft ware i might even be able to get my original digi going again ???????
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

well after moving sheds the pour old gearbox decided to let go so ill be finding a nice heavy duty organic clutch to put in as im pretty certain the 4 puk is the killer of the box this time round
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

All due respect and no offence dude but its not really the clutch type that kills the boxes. Its usually how the clutch is used.

Organics dont much like really high rpm launches and will burn up and glaze if really hit hard.
Buttons dont like slipping at all. Shuddering and the buttons will machine their way into the pressure plate and flywheel faces remarkably quickly on a road car.
But, will engage reasonably smoothly on really hard launching. Slip them at enough rpm and load and they will self destruct just same as organics.

First and foremost to kill a box is tramping in the drivetrain. Its a tricky one to solve sometimes and its not necessarily caused by worn/soft suspension bushes and so-on.
Ie:, I have a bad tramping problem with my Zed rear end Yet the bushes, bearings and suspension are all as new..........??

Slamming the gearchanges too fast, and dumping the clutch at stand-still, even with a decent organic and you get the sudden impact loadings which are the culprit.
Worse so is the nefarious practise of "rollbacks/fish-hooks" or spinning hard from dirt onto bitumen!!

Its more the driver, not just the clutch!!!

Many dudes on here over the years ran brass button lightswitches for clutches with no issues during drag and circuit racing yet other dudes smash boxes week in/week out using stock clutches on partially boosted engines just fanging around the streets.

Altering technique to better suit the equipment is whats necessary when you have fundamentally inadequate machinery to begin with.

h
Have fun.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

cheers for the advice oracle yeah i probably do need to revise my driving style a little i think i have found the problem its not actually the box that is the issue i have fornd gear oil on the passengers side of the car so im starting to think i havent clipped the cv in properly when i put the box in id like to call myself fucking useless after this one