N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Baz's Vu Ute

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
baz

Baz's Vu Ute

Post by baz »

Hey, As you know I recently had an ae82 corolla with a 4efte conversion & a 180sx that I spent big money on, Anyway as usual, I get over the car as they always seem to have issues or i just keep spending unnecessary money on them for no good reason, So i decided to offload the both of them (lost out big time on money) .But never the less, They are both gone, Corolla went to a girl i work with & the 180 went to some rand who had it 2 days & wrote it off, So i got myself a 2002 Series 2 Vu commodore ute..King springs - nothing to low obviously, double din dvd headunit, 18" xph jet wheels, SS kit & a 2 1/2" cat back exhaust, thats pretty much it, It did have the 4" roll bars at the back with the tonneau cover to match but i took them of soon as i got home with the car, I have ordered a hard top for it :) Oh also has light tinted windows but im getting them retinted in 5% ..There will be no homo stickers on this car AT ALL!..Also go to put super low springs in the front and super super low in the back, Gives an even ride height, or close to it..

This is when I got it 7/11/11

This car would hands down be the best car I've owned, The comfort, reliability & practicality is crazy, I went to great lengths just to find the right ute & this is definitely it!

Only mods that will come at some stage (not in any hurry) will be

5% Tint
Pacemaker extractors with 2 1/2" pipe to cat to join up with the rest of the 2 1/2"
Set of roller rockers

As i said, I'm not in any hurry to start modding this car, As i'm happy with the way it is currently & im massively over spending money on cars (mainly imports) so its now time for me to just maintain the things and just drive them!
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

:shock: Looks great man! Didn't know they made utes like this one! It's got very sleek lines! :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
sgs

Post by sgs »

Chip it, I did this to my VS ecotec. whoa heaps more power and better fuel economy.

they go for $100-$150 each. just look on trade me or e-bay
Malcom44

Baz's Vu Ute

Post by Malcom44 »

@Baz what kind of double din head unit do you have? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for a good stereo and can't make my mind up which one is the best.

There are so many aftermarket stereos that it's hard to find a good one. Many of them have one digit difference in their name. Anyways I've been reading reviews on the nets and they are all hype. Most of them downplay the negatives and hype features like 7" as if it would be that important. I've found a different blog and I've set my heart on the pioneer avh 2550nex. The thing I liked about this blog is that it says it how it is. No sugar coating no BS. This 2550nex review is a bit critical. It has highlighted some flaws that put me on the fence. What do you say?

Any tips?
agecage

Baz's Vu Ute

Post by agecage »

Dude this thread is 10years old.Talk about waking the dead
N12 Exa turbo