N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Karl's N12 pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Android 360 wrote:the wing is factory for your car bro!

make sure you get some in-progress shots :)
Hahaha, theres your answer then D1ET

Yeah for sure.

I heard the other day that you guys in aus didnt get 2 door turbed N12's....is that true?
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

2 door Turbo N12's as in Langley's? no. we have Turbo Exa's but our Turbo hatchbacks were 4 door.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Engine is in, and Mostly setup, just need to weld up a dump pipe.

Wont start though, suspect timing is out. Going to get someone who knows what they are doing to get it going, dont particurly want to break anything lol.
greengoblin

Post by greengoblin »

can't help having the rocker cover breathers plumbed back to one another, don't think it's suppose to be like that, probably why it's not running so good
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Yea mate, you will need that vented.

Have you run it with that 1/2 sized radiator in it yet? You will probably find that you will need your radiator fan on constant, even for normal driving. My car only lasted about 5 laps of the medium track at taupo before temps went off the gauge...
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

not liking the look of that blue silicon vacum hose you have used for the turbo oil feed........... you have gone to all the trouble of using braided line but havent been bothered to get a 90 degree speed flow fitting..........
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

photoglossy wrote:Yea mate, you will need that vented.

Have you run it with that 1/2 sized radiator in it yet? You will probably find that you will need your radiator fan on constant, even for normal driving. My car only lasted about 5 laps of the medium track at taupo before temps went off the gauge...
Why?
The NA's run perfectly in any outside temps with them no matter how hard you abuse them.
No reason a low CR turbo engine will run any hotter than an NA in any usual blatting around.
Those rads actually have plenty of volume and will work ok but will prolly struggle with track time thats for sure.

Itll be fine.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

tassuperkart wrote:
photoglossy wrote:Yea mate, you will need that vented.

Why?
The NA's run perfectly in any outside temps with them no matter how hard you abuse them.
No reason a low CR turbo engine will run any hotter than an NA in any usual blatting around.
Those rads actually have plenty of volume and will work ok but will prolly struggle with track time thats for sure.

Itll be fine.

L8tr
E
Evan, would you mind stopping undermining people?

I am speaking from experience here. I ran one for half a year. It worked but temps would sit at 3/4 around town with the fan on. Trips in the country were hard because of all the accelerating/boosting needed (no just a constant speed like the motorway). A turbo does introduce a fair bit more heat into the cooling system.

I'm not talking out my ass.

If you want a good radiator that will fit and be small enough to run 3'' piping either side of the radiator use an 85 Ford Laser one. Identical core width to an ET one, looks to be the same core thickness and in/outlet positions, just has tanks at the top and bottom pposed to sides. Mounting tooke to be simple too.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

15exa wrote:not liking the look of that blue silicon vacum hose you have used for the turbo oil feed........... you have gone to all the trouble of using braided line but havent been bothered to get a 90 degree speed flow fitting..........
It looks to me like a blue sleeve on a stainless pipe.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

photoglossy wrote:
15exa wrote:not liking the look of that blue silicon vacum hose you have used for the turbo oil feed........... you have gone to all the trouble of using braided line but havent been bothered to get a 90 degree speed flow fitting..........
It looks to me like a blue sleeve on a stainless pipe.
my apologies if thats the case.....
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

i could be wrong here but the reason it wont start is because you don't have and airflow meter hooked up or have i missed it some were
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Its got a haltech ecu mate
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

photoglossy wrote:Stuff @ Evan
Careful mike, you're not allowed to have an opinion that differs from his... :P
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Android 360 wrote:
photoglossy wrote:Stuff @ Evan
Careful mike, you're not allowed to have an opinion that differs from his... :P
I know :lol: But he's a good bloke and knows a lot so deserves a bit of respect. Just that when I'm speaking from first hand experience its a bit different.
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

hmmm maybe its the auckland weather cause i ran one in my car for 3 years with no problems lol but that was in southland :P