N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Alby's Lil White ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

When tested in Zoom I think it was way back when they first started they stripped a Stock GTR intercooler and tested both before and after intake temps on the same car and the black cooler was more efficient(lower intake temps but only by 2deg). Twas an interesting article as I would have thought it would've been the other way round but hey theories don't always work out do they lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Painted or anodised?

I might be a bit surprised if a painted one worked better, but not an anodised one.

I could prolly get my CPU a degree or two cooler just by anodising my heatsink, IMO
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Panda_ET wrote:When tested in Zoom I think it was way back when they first started they stripped a Stock GTR intercooler and tested both before and after intake temps on the same car and the black cooler was more efficient(lower intake temps but only by 2deg). Twas an interesting article as I would have thought it would've been the other way round but hey theories don't always work out do they lol
that is handy to know. when i install a new cooler on my VLT i was planning on spraying the whole thing black. aswell as a set of hubcaps for the ceptors. lol. going grandpa spec for less attention.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Not much point if it's Interceptor yellow ; )
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Kimmo wrote:Not much point if it's Interceptor yellow ; )
wheels man wheels. silver ones. :D cheeky fella
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I mean if your VL is an Interceptor, not talking about the wheels.

If it's that yellow, there's not much point hiding your IC and Interceptor rims, since any yellow VLs still on the road are likely to be warmed over...
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Kimmo wrote:Painted or anodised?

I might be a bit surprised if a painted one worked better, but not an anodised one.

I could prolly get my CPU a degree or two cooler just by anodising my heatsink, IMO
Stock one is painted Sorry shoudla said it was a factory cooler from memory
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Kimmo wrote:I mean if your VL is an Interceptor, not talking about the wheels.

If it's that yellow, there's not much point hiding your IC and Interceptor rims, since any yellow VLs still on the road are likely to be warmed over...
not a BT1. or even yellow. dark maroon.
txateu

Post by txateu »

Panda_ET wrote:When tested in Zoom I think it was way back when they first started they stripped a Stock GTR intercooler and tested both before and after intake temps on the same car and the black cooler was more efficient(lower intake temps but only by 2deg). Twas an interesting article as I would have thought it would've been the other way round but hey theories don't always work out do they lol
That's true Panda I have/had that mag somewhere at home but if you remember they also did an article where they cleaned up and stripped the paint off a GTR cooler and it went even better in temp drop... it's really just a well designed intercooler and the paint would have been to conceal it
cheers Michael,
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Ash wrote:not a BT1. or even yellow. dark maroon.
Sweet... let it get dirty FTW.

And if you can find a set of the original plastic hubcaps, you'll be laughing... also, you could do up a fake tailpipe for full stealth ; )

Maybe even some venetians : p