N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Alby's Cheap Ass Exa..... Updated....!!!!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

albyexa wrote:DW boys, I'll be rollin on 18's in no time.....:D

it's been done b4 so it can be done :wink:
baz

Post by baz »

Yeah sure it can be done, But try going into a driveway or over a bump

I've got 17's on and standard suspension with rolled front and rear guards and that's with 205/40 tyres and it scrapes easy, Let alone you have 18's with no coilovers then your going to be up shit creek, I know i might seem to be all negative but noone else has said really shit all, IMOP go for it if you can make them fit without having dramas then thats fucking awesome stuff, I have enough troubles with 17's and i recently stuck lowered king springs in the rear and i regret doing it as it such a cunt to drive, So tomorrow out come the kings and back in goes the standard springs
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

baz wrote: I know i might seem to be all negative but noone else has said really shit all, IMOP go for it if you can make them fit without having dramas then thats fucking awesome stuff, I have enough troubles with 17's and i recently stuck lowered king springs in the rear and i regret doing it as it such a cnut to drive, So tomorrow out come the kings and back in goes the standard springs
two words baz.................... off set

if you got the wrong off set its like flogging a dead horse
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

yep he's right

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
baz

Post by baz »

We will soon see, 5mm spacer with +40 offset 7" wide and guards rolled and its a farking close fit already, Anything wider than 7" and your asking for more trouble, The spacer is to give clearance between the shock and control arm, and it's still tight, No matter how much rolling of the guards you do it's still going scrape on the side of the guard, The part where you don't want to cut, I stuck king springs and a mate on my boot and stuck my car on a angle just to see where the wheel hits and it's not an easy fix, You have to cut a part of the body in the guard and bash it away but then you will put the shape of the guard out, You will be able to get them to fit and it will be VERY tight but over the smallest bumps it will scrape and fark your tyre, I've had all this happen and just finished taking out the lowered springs 25min ago, And it still scrapes at standard height, Might seem straight forward to make them fit buy you will have issues, And oh are you running 18x8?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

ETONE

Post by ETONE »

Baz dont be so quick to judge just cause yours rubs doesn't mean everyone else will fuck it up to, i have 17x7 all round on my et with heaps of room and i reakon i could fit 18's with the right off set. As Ash said earlyer its been done

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
baz

Post by baz »

Might of been done but how good does it ride, You would have to constantly baby it over bumps and drive it like a pussy, turn a corner to quick and sharp and you might get a scrape, Also I don't see how you have heaps of room, Not unless et's and exa's aren't 100% the same?..Fitting aftermarket shocks with 17x7 is hard enough aswell, I have around 5mm between the shock and the tyre and it's using a 5mm spacer, Room between the control arm and tyre is a fair bit, I'm no saying they won't fit, I'm saying it's not going to be a good ride, Turning full lock he will have rubbing on the inner plastic thing that separates the tyre well and the engine bay but just cut it out, The biggest problem is the rear outer guard, What offset is this guy using and how wide?...

baz

Post by baz »

It will scrape on this part, I'm running a tiny profile Tyre, Then think your wheels are bigger then add Tyres on top

albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Eyy guys,
Finally got back to use, i started my exa today to find that the water and oil feeds to the turbo both leak like CRAZYYYY!!!!!!
Soo I pulled the turbo and manifold off...
Can use guys tell me whats the best way to fix this problem?? as I am almost ready to start boostin around in my new exa :D:D:D
I am wanting to be on the road in a weeks time... fingers crossed...

And just to clarify the rims im putting on are 18x7.5, with 215/35 tires on them...
Thanks alot guys...

Alby...
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Well, you've gotta figure out why the oil and water lines are leaking.

I assume you first tried tightening the fittings...

Do you have fresh copper washers in the banjos?

What about the seat for the oil line, is it clean and undamaged?
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Yep, i tightend the fuk outta the fittings, i think i just need sum new hoses, and washers, i started it without hookin up the turbo to the TB, just ran the AFM straight, with half a dump pipe!! hahahaha neighbors didnt like that 2 much hhahaha':lol:'
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

eyy guys,
finished putting the button start in, and re-wiring my extra injector... I HATE BODGIE ELECTRICIANS!!! I also painted my starter motor while i was at it...
Check out the pixx...

Alby...
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

how you controlling the extra injector? is it set just for high boost or a little bit everywhere?

C
baz

Post by baz »

why an extra injector?

albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Its set up on a flick switch, so when i turn the boost up or just want a lil extra fuel in the motor, say if its leaning out abit I can get it...

It was there when I brought the car, except it was constantly on... Which I'v been told would have had something to do with how the old seals in the turbs were fukd...

Alby...