N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Kenny's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

pics that are big enough to see the car?
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

Rethinking build for this car but not sure, opinions welcome as well as changes on parts.

N12 Turbo ET Pulsar Build:
rebult forged higher compression
stage 4 cam
600 x 300 intercooler
Triple core radiator
Custom manifold 55mm tb
550cc injectors
Custom exhaust manifold
Garrett T2871r T25 inlet 400hp
Mandrill bent 3" exhaust straight through to 5zigen 3.5" cannon
HKS super sequential bov
braded lines
bigger alternator
surge tank
fusion spark plugs
12mm ignition leads
dry sump
Motec m400
HKS dualstage boost controler
Straight cut gearbox
Short shifter
Extra heavy duty clutch
Shorterned clutch peddle
lightened flywheel
6 piston slotted and cross drilled brakes front
4 piston slotted cross drilled rear
LSD ???
Custom coilovers all round
Custom swaybars
Custom strut braces
Custom controlarms and linkages
Nolathane bushes
Respray gunmetal grey mettalic
All round body kit
Milano wing
Volks TE37 17"
BUcket seats
Roll cage ( Hidden)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

did you win lotto? :D
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

nice wish list.....

my opinions....

triple core radiator would be overkill unless doing track work...

blow off valves are over rated, flutter for the win lol....

surge tank too, a decent walbro 550 intake pump would be sufficient enough to feed the injectors you want to run.....

you may have a hard time finding 12mm ignition leads (unless your going to get some made up........

dry sump if your using it for track work, if you go dry sump will also need remote oil filter and cooler....

expect to pay upward of $5000 for a set of straight cut gears....

LSD??? dont understand why you have question marks beside that if you are going to all the trouble of straight cut gears...

curious about how you intend to "hide the roll cage"

good luck with the build
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

Hahaha yer roll cage is a bit of an overkill but LSD not sure if it would fit thats all what radiator should i use ??

true i love flutter :D

fule pump sounds like a good idea and alot cheaper

thanks for that dude
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Extremely nice wish list, what is the end expectation, show, drag, track. What are you prepared to put into it. I remember one on here that over the time the dude owned it he'd spent about $100,000. Not sure if he's still on here or not but the car is back in the members section somewhere. Good luck.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

cheers bro Im thinking street show has to be quick but look good but not so that i cant drive it on the weekends
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

D1ET wrote:what radiator should i use ??
The standard one's pretty bloody good.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

yer? fair nuf
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

OK, reality check here dude. Take a breath for a minute!
Time to rain on your parade for a bit.

Triple core radiator??? LOL.
STOCK radiator is already HD and triple cored!!!!! You cannot do any better than stock. No matter what spin you get from the alloy brigade!

Dry sump.... WOFTAM. Bragging rights only. Very big money...for what exactly?

Bigger alternator? What for?

I dont see anything aside there for some intelligent head/valve work. Thats where your horsepower is. Thats where youll spend a lot of money.

Motec EFI stuff is muchly overated and so is way overpriced for what you actually get. WOFTAM. Just because V8 SC's MUST use it dun mean its much better than anything else. Not much more than bragging rights unless thats actually a priority.

Why would you "shorten clutch pedal"? You got a size 26 foot???

Rollcage, strut braces, suspension and zorst goodies? Why not!. You wont hide the cage tho.

Straight cut box? Why? You unlikely to produce anywhere near the horsepower to break a stock S/H wrecker box.
Save you money on this and get some decent head work done.

Perhaps look at adapting a decent box to begin with rather than loading that pissy little plasticene box with expensive and unnecessary clobber.

Youve already unloaded about 20 large there so far and Id predict around 130Kw based on your list.

Better rethink it M8. Some dudes get that close to stock!

You need a clear vision and step by step build guide rather than a catalogue style wishlist.
Unless your happy to loose a lot of coin into something that does not deliver.

Speak to ETEEZER/ETEEZN and whatever else he calls himself now and clap your eyes on his mega-bucks build.
And megabucks he spent M8!!!!
It did close to nothing. Produced fairly average power and was slow on the strip. Hes been sulking ever since and mostly lurks on the forum now! Was pretty chirpy back then.
His build appears on paper close to frightening but in reality turned out to be a pussy! Nice looking pussy tho!!!
Huge money not into the right areas.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

see this is what i came here for damm good advice :D
im just learning so what do you expect hey haha
cheers for the advice really so headwork is really all you need to start off huh i have the basics at the moment i guess what head work to be specfic?
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

ok dude.. I just sent my head in and then got it back as you do.
Now i have spent 650 on this head but thats another story, what i got done (by accedent lol) was:
port polish (thats were the match up you inlet manufold you exust manufold and make your ports bigger and or smaller) i also got copper insterts put in around the valves becuse they have been widend (we do this becuse of the old mottoe the more shit you get in and out the bigger the fucking bang lol) i also got stronger valve springs and i have had the cam ground to a stage 2 spec because i found that with the t25G under load around courners thats were i seem to need more power (now the cam grinding can vary between every driver some poeple ride high gears or like me i like to labour the engine a bit)
also on the list of items you should have adjustable cam gear have a look at ASH'S mambers rides he has this.

now with just what i have listed up there ^^... on standered boost I should pull of as fast and maby even away from you even if you used that list up there.

Why you say well its all good having shit loads of boost and a really nice cool running car but if the air cant get in and out fast enuff you dont go any were why do you think the good old xu1 toranas the first thing any one does that is doing up the 186 is open the valves up... it goes harder lol this is just to prove what Even is getting at with working your head if you get confused mate give me a call

now listed below is some numbers and a link to the sizes for the cam.

Cam Sheet: http://www.n12turbo.com/files/camsheet.jpg
My Number: 0402 527 704
The head place: 08 8263 6311 ask for wayne is is good and likes to help out
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

your post says your from SA, but your details say albury/bonegilla. which is it, im an albury ET fan myself
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

im at albury atm moving from adelaide dude pm if ya want i wouldnt mind checking out your ride
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

well i'm just down the road from both of you muppets. 20 minute drive if you don't get caught! :lol: :lol: :lol: