N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

$60,000 EXA Turbo!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

the man makes some good points! so everybody stop whinging and bagging and buy this beast! if i had the money i'd buy it, and i don't really like exa's! but this is a very nice clean respectable exa that has had years of love, money and sweat poored into it. kudo's too you dude, you have a nice car and i hope you get your $16000! so who's buying?
djvass

Post by djvass »

mate i reckon you have done a fantastic job on the car. $16K for anyon that wants it is not alot for what u get. If i had the $$$ it would be in my driveway.

I guess it is going to be hard for you to part with it when the buyer comes along, as i thas been your babie for 12 years.

Anyway great job love it great colour's...
boost_truck_racer

mmmm....

Post by boost_truck_racer »

hey dude your nutz
turly you could buy two evo 7 or 1 with 600 hp

mate i love my et but 60000 dollar is like an 8th of a house

i spent like 5000 in total
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

its easy to spend a lot specially when u buy blinging stuff lol specially if its from japan
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Panda_ET wrote:its easy to spend a lot specially when u buy blinging stuff lol specially if its from japan
Agreed. And especially when the bling you're buying isn't from Supercheap or Auto Barn, but is actually brand name and good quality!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
etking

Post by etking »

yeh i agree it is very easy to spend alot of money on these cars, especially when you need to change everything as its 20 years old and you need to upgrade bits and pieces to handle the extra HP that modified E15s are putting out

pretty sure iv spent about 10g in bits n pieces and its onl worth half that now
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

I noticed you mentioned editor of a car magazine for 6 years, this by any chance would not make you Dean Evans would it?

Dave
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

N12Turbo wrote:I noticed you mentioned editor of a car magazine for 6 years, this by any chance would not make you Dean Evans would it?

Dave
Dave im glad u asked that i was thinking that as well but didnt want to make an ass of myself hahaha
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

according to his email he is... :)
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

Well I'll be, all that time reading FF's etc and I never would of guessed you were an N12 Exa 'boy'!

Its an honour to have you aboard Dean, and great to hear you have been following the site over the years.

Cheers
Dave
EXADean

Post by EXADean »

Yeh, good guess. For much of my time on the mag the car was being built - there were occasional mentions of it in the mag. It took 3 years just to build the engine - THREE YEARS! SOO many problems on the engine dyno - breaking two sets of forged pistons - which need to be custom made each time - having issues with the bore-to-stroke ratio and compression and having it done in Melbourne while I live in Sydney. Always wanted to finish it before I left to run it in the mag.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Dean Evens hey.. Fast fours if i remember correctly.. plus all those vids. cool stuff dude. glad you own an exa.. makes us all proud.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Dean.. didn't you have a whilte GTiR at some stage..?
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
EXADean

Post by EXADean »

Yes, I had the first GTI-R in NSW! Even had to 'establish' GTI-R records at the RTA with it! Put out the word I was wanting to buy one and arrived in at work to see a message from Jim Richards on my desk. Wondered who was taking the piss! Called him back and it was Jim, who had the first road rego'd one (red), Steven Richards had the second one (blue) and I had the third (white). Flew down to Melb to buy it off a total dodgy, Rock Simmons. Spent 12 months with the Dept of Fair Tradin to get the promised parts with it. Awesome car though, still love them!
It was my daily driver while the EXA was being built. Modded it mildly, but enough to stand out. Even tinted the windscreen! Owned it for four years and the last year it just gathered dust under a car cover. Which is what my EXA is doing now.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

awesome. casuse i'm thinking about getting one early next year.. once i work out if i have any money left from looking at rocks for the GF... yes i know i've put the girl first, but you only get engaged once.. hopfully..