N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Wes's ET and custom plates!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Wes

Wes's ET and custom plates!

Post by Wes »

Hey boys

I just ordered my custom plates that ive been wanting for YEAR too buy

CETFLY

It obviously means "See ET Fly", or if they dont know that the cars an ET Pulsar it will read to them "See it Fly"
:D

Got em slimline front and normal sized for the rears (as theres a big space to fill there so slimlines would look wierd)

Ive chosen white writing on grey background, so it matches the car and is the hardest colour pattern to see in a radar photo, and also for any cops *trying* to chase me
;)

:D

lol

Whats everyone else got?
Ill add some pics soon hopefully for everyone
My cars lookin rough as guts atm :(

Wes
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

i want SLOWET :P
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

UTRYED are going on the new n13
and i have BQ.05.TD that were in the et but are now in hold. will go on the new car soon
Matt

Post by Matt »

FAH QUE
FAH COF etc. etc. would be cool but would never go through.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

shanec86 wrote:i want SLOWET :P
lol thats what i wanted but it got crossed off the list so i went with a girly name like panda lol hopefully people will think its a girls car and try and race me :P oh wait a pulsar is a girls car :( awwwwwww

nice work wes u ricer damned vanity plates :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Wes

Post by Wes »

Pffftt stuff that mate, ive damn well earned it!

Thats the ONE thing on the car that wont and CANT break!

Nice boys i love the other ones! Love UTRYED hahaha quality!
I was actually gonna go SLOWET or "STOCK", SLEEPA, SLEEPR or something along those kinda lines 5 odd years ago.
I wanted something unique, maybe even JUSTRY, BYEBYE, CATCHME

Like, for example, i always saw in my mind the cops saying with SLOWET (coz they'll read "SLOW IT") and the cocky cops will go, "yep, thats what we did, we slowed it! :P Heres your Yellow. Thank you for participating in our revenue raising.

Hehehe ive seen a Porsche with "4ME2NJOY" and also 4MYEGO and 4U2NVEE and PAIDCASH (all on various porsches) hehehe

Wes
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

Hey i reckon this would also suit ya Wes RNMENC ..Run Me And See or ILW84U ..ill wait for you.. personally im thing of getting CETFLY dont call me copy cat as iv wanted this for a while iv just kept it on the down low wouldnt matter im in NSW any ways :D or still thinking of getting RNMYET ...Run My ET.. also know as Run Me Yet...
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thing is dude, ive been wanting these for like 5 years...and ive finally bought them. And damn it, ive earned it!

Even in other cities mate, not good to copy peoples plates i reckon. I wouldnt be happy with someone having my plates hey, anywhere in the country.

Everyone needs to get their own. I mentioned it from time to time to people on here bout the plates i wanted and it obviously got mentioned around the joint for you to know bout it, coz i cant see many people thinking of it and im actually a bit annoyed/angry when people think they thought it up themselves, especially when most of the ones saying it havent even held a license that long.
I was talking bout these plates years and years ago. I have plenty of people who can varify that, so people may have heard about the particular letters and then forgotten, but theyve remembered it subconsciously then think theyre the ones who thought it up

Please no one copy my plates. Theyre secured. Id never ever copy someone elses, even in another state

Each to their own, be unique please

Andy, im not meaning for it to sound like im having an angry go at YOU imparticular coz youre a good bloke and you wouldnt have known my history on here or the car and how long ive wanted these plates and kept it as quiet as possible for just this reason, but either way, please mate, i dont want my plates copied

Thats the only time id be angry, is if someone copied mine :(, if not then im not gonna be angry, easy as that :)

Cheers

Wes
Last edited by Wes on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

I want ETTRBO (ET TURBO) on custom yellow, but by the time i get the car on the road it will be gone no doubt
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

I'm with you Wes, I'd be PISSED if someone else decided to copy ETN12 in another state.. Just not cool...

Dave
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh noone can have PANDA :P or ill come over and beat ur asses :P no really i will
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Bride

Post by Bride »

Yeah, you stick it to 'em wes! i would hate for people to take the idea for my plates... they would be perfect for me ;)... but all in good time.

copying in this case is not flattering, its just annoying... but hay have fun with what ever you choose.
I drive a lada, someone please help me!
Gary vcET

Post by Gary vcET »

That plate sounds pretty good wes,and its very a appropriate name plate for your ET.
I know your car and it goes about as fast as a low flying cessna.
In my opinion ppl should have original names that are unique for there plates and no where else.
Now i have first digs at my future plate name CarrET as my ET looks like a carrot with wheels.
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

ive know'en wes for some time now and have heard him go on how much he has been waiting for these plates, and thank god he finally got them.. its a one off like the rest of his "weapon" i love that et..

NOW IM NOT HAVING A GO AT NO ONE but has to be said while we are on the subject.. ok?.. cool.

i think plates for a car is a personal thing, and its pretty hard to explain too, but its pretty much like taking love away from the relationship, no love.. no go.. if i was to take a plate like "cetfly" others would think that wes copied or i copied him?!? its so hard to explain on such a little thing that means so much, its just a lesson that needs to be learnt so when someone reads that plate or hear it they know what car it is...

not like these silvia sites where everything is all about having the plate "drift" but spelt in 50 million ways when i see them type of plates im like "wtf which car was that or oh yeah they were on that 200sx or was it the 180sx or was it that sil80" or what ever it maybe am i getting thru to anyone here?

thats not directed at no one here its for everyone to read as a genral thing im not angry at anyone, everyone has there thoughts and this is just mine, im 100% happy here just thinking out loud

Shane
Wes

Post by Wes »

Bride- nah mate, its not a point of "Sticking it to em" as im really not wanting it to come across as doing that. Im trying to make a point about where im coming from....

Its different when someone copies a front mount, or lowered suspension or some other mod like that....but theyre mods

Its different when it comes down to a plate, its personal. Its like finally naming a child thats been born. It gives the thing meaning, character, uniqueness, makes it stand out from being common- as MRET2U has mentioned in his reply

Ive had my heart set on them for so damn long....
Also, yes Gary, it IS like a Sessna, EXACTLY like one.

Sure, theyre fast....when theyre actually operational, flying, working. But Sessnas fricken break down all the time, crash, have parts fail.

I should really have named it SESSNA hahaha or "2DACRUSHA" like i was going to do after finally snapping after all these years.

Its fine that people learn all that kinda thing bout personalising your cars, and making them unique, but again, JETETT hasnt gone and done it and im hoping this will make him think twice bout that kinda thing, but its not meant to make him feel stupid or small. Or like he cant chat to the n12turbo crew after something like this happens where he simply might not have known the significance of it all, and to me and my car after all this time, money, pain, joy, frustration etc etc ive invested

JET'S a really good bloke, very friendly, not cocky, nothing like that at all.
I get along with him very well.

The crew who know me well know i dont just go saying that about people that i dont actually think that of, or that i talk crap. They know that when i say this, i mean it.

Its probably easier for us late 20's -mega long-time members/owners to kinda "get" this topic and understand and appreciate what it all means.

Most of us know what it means to have worked on these stupid things 9years ago, (like when egroups first started) and when there werent even CLOSE to the amount of mods and things available to the new owners of these cars coming through.

Its easier for the new owners to not get where we're coming from.

All the hours fabricating our own parts, designing, engineering, RE-engineering after blowing something up and getting these cars to where they are today after all sharing what we've learned. (Most of the lessons were "dont do this, it blows this bit up" etc :P but yeah, we've put way more than our wallets into our cars thats for sure and many others have benefitted and save money themselves by learning from our costly and time invested mistakes. Especially the ones (just like myself) whom do all our own work.

Again, Andrew, i dont want you losing sleep over this, or thinking everyones out to get you or youve been shut down.
Its a general feeling i think

If you wanna email or pm me mate, all good hey.

Like ive said, i just wanted to make that all clear. Yes i would be angry, very angry if copied, but thats like saying "guilty" before actually doing anything yet. He hasnt done anything, so theres no bad blood.

I just hope no one does it coz (re-read above if its not understood where im going with this :P)

Cheers

:)

Wes