N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Wes's ET and custom plates!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to keep the one's that came on it.

It makes it easier for the cops to remember your car if the plates say something.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

the trick is to never let them see ur plates :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

I got FORCD.4 and if i saw anyone else with it on an et even in another state, territory, country then............... BIFFO
cherryturbojames

Post by cherryturbojames »

so how much do these things cost over here we can get like a plate for £99 plus transfer but it doesnt really say anything just something like
D2 JWC
the jwc being initials anywords run into the tens of thousands.

the people who dish the reg's marks out sell them and so do private companys .

There was speculation that they changed the number plate system recently to include the possibility of asian names as personal reg's

which would make them a hole pile of money the reson they gave was because they were running out of numbers fairplay , im no racist just wondered how it works in oz and thought id give you an insight into our system
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

well in tasmania for the moment u cant OWN ur personalised plates u lease them every year its an extra $100 on top of the $500 for rego bastards BUT this year all new plates will be released and the plates will be able to be purchased prices range from 350-1500. so we will be in line with other states of aus who can own/sell their plates etc
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

I think for memory mine were 295 like 5 years ago so mabe changed now, thats in victoria. but if look in trading post sometimes you can pick up a set someone else is selling for like $30,000... haha bargin
Matt

Post by Matt »

Forcd4 wrote:but if look in trading post sometimes you can pick up a set someone else is selling for like $30,000... haha bargin
Look at what I found a while ago.

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=540
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

my mate got offered 40K for his [FUEL] PLATES. the head ceo of bp aust wanted them but me mate sad no ( insert dumb crunt here) but now he is wishing he sold them

a 13b rwd charade that does 10s would be sik lol

sorry abtou the racial slur btw. it pushes my buttons some times that all. my bad
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

N12Turbo wrote:I'm with you Wes, I'd be PISSED if someone else decided to copy ETN12 in another state.. Just not cool...

Dave

I have just been looking at plates (defenatly not yours) but one was close to it, just the cheaper way (dont think i could afford plates like yours anyway)
but i looked and its safe to say noone in nsw has copied your plates.
adam
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

dexi_styles wrote: I have just been looking at plates (defenatly not yours) but one was close to it, just the cheaper way (dont think i could afford plates like yours anyway)
but i looked and its safe to say noone in nsw has copied your plates.
adam
What combo was that Adam?
Matt

Post by Matt »

N12ET??? Not many other combos that I can think of from that, unless you go the NIZ37 route, lol
Wes

Post by Wes »

WOOHOO!

Got my plates!

Fitted them. They are WAY darker grey than the picture showed, even the chick that served me said the same thing

Doesnt look as good as i thought, so maybe i will put them in the direct sunlight for a while and try and fade em :P Get some mirrors out to help it all.

The lighter the grey, the harder it is for mulitnova's to make out ;)

And the more it will match the colour of the car

Ive taken some pics, but i dont have the cable to hook up the digi cam to the laptop, so gonna have to put the pics on when i get the chance

Wes
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

yey WES is back... hows it going mate. love the plates..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Cheers mate!
Good to be back for a while
Heres a new pic:

Gonna take some more tomorrow and upload em for everyone

:)

Heres some older ones which are also in another ET thread here
The next one is before i installed my new muffler and rear spoiler, which covered that lower pan damage which was me bashing it to be able to fit SOME kind of muffler for a short amount of time till i got my current one...
This shot is the latest engine setup. Its VERY VERY messy and i dont like it, so i'll get some better ones later on. The dyno dudes also got leads and crap going everywhere, but i also dodgied in the boost controller and fpr etc. Its all messy
This is my setup (clean) with the Jap Spec inlet manifold. Note the lack of messy visible wiring . Didnt take long to remove and reroute at all

Wes
[/img]
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

Wes wrote:Cheers mate!
Good to be back for a while
Heres a new pic:

Mmmmm N12's wth the rear bumper skirt... Tufffff......

Oh and the plates help too! ;)

Dave