N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

hahaha ya both in the sticks! 7 mins to town from my place here, I win!! heheh except my car aint moving yet, so i lose heh

you here at 3.30 wes? My street is a dead end street, but has some parking bays at the end so you should be fine with a trailer.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

hahahah actually according to 'whereis.com.au' i'm 2kms closer to the city!!! So who's in the sticks now!!! hahahaa

booommmmmtissssshhhh

Anyways we'll see ya both down there. We'll bring the young one with us, he'll love it. Tia's kinda immobile with her busted foot though.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

i want timessssssss
Wes

Post by Wes »

13.810 @ 162.73kph
60ft - 2.112 sec

Cracked the head

Massive problems with 2nd gear. Dont go the short shifter, its not worth it. Makes life harder.

I noticed only on my 4th run that the boost was going off the dial (20psi guage) so was hitting the stopper needle way past the 20psi reading

This is why it was idling rough prior to me watching the guage.
It was fully tuned on the dyno and i PURPOSELY didnt even TOUCH ANYTHING just for that reason, so that nothing would or could go wrong, which is why i trusted the tune, NOTHINGS changed since i had it done hence no reason to watch the guage. But it was off the clock.
So it wouldve been doing that the whole time.
Its either a crack between valves in a cylinder, or headgasket blown between cylinders. The way its revving, it's definitely between valves meaning $900 worth of head is goin in the bin now.

Im really really at the cross roads now. I need to move on with my life and stop wasting my time and money with these piles of useless, unreliable, weak, crap cars. Im 26, i shouldnt still be screwin round and fixing these pieces of crap like i am. 2weeks its been on the road, and never over boosted once. Its not like its a spike, its CONSTANTLY wanting to pull past its set amount

Even when i set it to 14psi, it was trying to go WAY past that.
No hoses came off, nothing is wrong or has changed, i checked.
Last edited by Wes on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wes

Post by Wes »

i just thought about it.... the boost controller never warned me when it was overboosting, like it should...

Not for a long while
It did for a few runs, but definitely not the last few....
I reckon a hose mighta come off it, so it never knew what boost it was getting! DAmn, infact i reckon thats EXACTLY what it is...

Basically, theres a teflon hose going to the boost controller. Im thinking that if thats come away from a join, or leaking, it will then make the controller think its not getting any boost and keep the wastegate closed till it gets it reading that its programmed to read.

I think i need to also remount my boost guage so all i have to do is glance down or use periferal vision to see if its goin off the dial again coz its too far off to my right to see :( Need some kinda separate over boost warning light system so i know what colour the LED's light up when its 14, and 17 or higher etc
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

speak to Neil (wado600) and see what he'll do the head for. i cant organise it casue i'm busy as tonight, exhibition tomorrow (friday) and then i'm on the boat till monday. so tuesday at the latest.

Cheers dude.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

good work on the time. pitty about the head.
thats a nice 60foot time though, what tyres were you using?
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Tyres were 8.5inch slicks. It was a shame about the shafter. so many times looked like a clean launch then just couldn't get it in 2nd.

i'll make a video tonight hopefully this computer can do it.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

u wuld have lost power from the lean out.. hope the rest of the internals are ok!!
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Well boys....heres the point im at...

I WILL pull the head off....

BUT, IF the bottom end is hammered, and im needing a rebuild.... nope... its going to the crusher. Im NOT rebuilding this again.

This is crap, im sick of it
Im gonna put the makers of the boost controller in the car if it gets crushed too for causing me to lose a PERFECT engine. It friggin HAMMERED before those morons stuffed it all
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

before it gets crushed, let me have a pic at some of your parts. few things i wouldn't mind.

but before that, pull the head down and let me know whats going on with it and i'll try to sort one out from this end if need be. i'm hoping you haven't busted a ring land or something that requires the block to come out of the car..

HewiB
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Nope
NO ONE gains from my losses

Thats the thing. Whats on it goes... to the crushers. No one can take or get ANYthing for free, the cars not for sale. The parts arent for sale.

It gets its death and is done for in my life

And i'll NEVER look back at these piles of crap
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

time to move onto bigger and better things with power stearing and air conditioning..

Wes

Post by Wes »

Yep, as per our discussion just then on msn
Thats exactly what id be looking for

Im over hi po cars after this.
Cost too much life, money, the list goes on. Just to get nowhere
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i reckon a nice N14 pulsar. cheap, economical, the SR20DE is bullet proof in non-turbo, handle well, look great, dont use too much fuel, great power stearing..