N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

QLD Cruise 26.04.08

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
Benny

Post by Benny »

id love to go but my et is out of action :(
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I will be taking it *very* easy down the strip, becasue if I break anything I have a very, very, long and lonely walk home. (about 650kms give or take)
So I'll be launching soft, using the lowest setting on the e-Boost, and being very careful with my gearchanges! :lol:
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

thepurplepulsar wrote:Got the net working again, thanks for sending out that email Glen. I'll post that pic up on n12turbo.com tonight.

My car is getting tuned this Tuesday, hopefully I get some good results. *fingers crossed!*
Nice whats the new tune involve compared to before?
Going to run with street tyres again?
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

BIGman_smallcar wrote:yeah im just hopin i aint the slowest on the day lol but then i dunno how many of you are running that much more power than me, but i guess its driving ability as well haha i'll give it a go, maybe i should get the 20psi tune to it first, tho then again do i not want traction... hmmmm :D no i think i want traction haha.
Either way with the power you have already got it will be a struggle to get off the line cleanly on street tyres, it's a complete pain in the ass haha. I say get it tuned, then you'll run a decent mph and see what time's the car is capable of running.

Plus it's always fun giving other cars a head start and then munching them down at half to full track haha.

raddavey wrote: Nice whats the new tune involve compared to before?
Not much has changed really, the differance will be that I'm getting it tuned professionally this time. I think there's more power to be made as my mate didn't put much timing into it. If all else holds together it will be getting as much boost through it that pump fuel will allow, I guess that will be around the 24psi~ mark.

But yeah street tyres again.

What's happening with your car, have you got it booked in again?
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I'm going to call and book it in tomorrow.
I'm thinking about running it down the strip for the last Hi-Tech titles which is early next month. Hopefully i can get it tuned by then and it goes well. See how money goes and i might get some slicks too.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
ET 4 EVA

Post by ET 4 EVA »

how r we off for helmets and stuff?

i dont have a helmet so ill eather need to borrow1 or get sumone whoes a lot lighter then me to drive hehe
LANYARDS FOR SALE AGAINLIMITED NUMBERS BE QUICK MUST SELL for infoVISIT:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4652
mav

cruise

Post by mav »

i will b there but it wont b till about 7 or 8 i mite take the old girl down this time
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

thepurplepulsar wrote:Got the net working again, thanks for sending out that email Glen. I'll post that pic up on n12turbo.com tonight.

My car is getting tuned this Tuesday, hopefully I get some good results. *fingers crossed!*
I hope the tune went well let us in on the results as soon as you can. I'm itching to find out.
237hp@18psi
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

The tune went well, at least there wasn't any problems. But I'm a bit disappointed. The tune itself is fine, just with the amount of boost. He only ended up tuning it to 20psi cause of it running cast pistons.

Anyways it made 225hp/168kw @ 20psi. On a plus it did make 20hp for 2psi, I was expecting it to have more boost put into it.

I've been looking forward to hearing an update on your car Ryan, I think you'll smash my result. You and Shane seem to have alot better hp and mph on alot less boost.

Oh well nevermind, I'll see what time and mph I run at the track in a couple weeks.

My Car
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

225hp i think is a pretty damn good figure. I see what you're saying about the tuner not wanting to go higher. When i told mine that i wanted 20psi he didn't like the idea. I think 20psi would be a bit high for my turbo too (t28).
But you've got to remember if it blows up on the dyno for them they would feel pretty bad and possibly get a bad rep no matter how persistent you were wanting them to tune for more boost.

I'd be very happy if mine makes the same power as your's on 20psi. Was your's on a dyno dynamics dyno? Each dynos are different.
237hp@18psi
BIGman_smallcar

Post by BIGman_smallcar »

thepurplepulsar wrote:
BIGman_smallcar wrote:yeah im just hopin i aint the slowest on the day lol but then i dunno how many of you are running that much more power than me, but i guess its driving ability as well haha i'll give it a go, maybe i should get the 20psi tune to it first, tho then again do i not want traction... hmmmm :D no i think i want traction haha.
Either way with the power you have already got it will be a struggle to get off the line cleanly on street tyres, it's a complete pain in the ass haha. I say get it tuned, then you'll run a decent mph and see what time's the car is capable of running.

Plus it's always fun giving other cars a head start and then munching them down at half to full track haha.

raddavey wrote: Nice whats the new tune involve compared to before?
Not much has changed really, the differance will be that I'm getting it tuned professionally this time. I think there's more power to be made as my mate didn't put much timing into it. If all else holds together it will be getting as much boost through it that pump fuel will allow, I guess that will be around the 24psi~ mark.

But yeah street tyres again.

What's happening with your car, have you got it booked in again?

yea well its all good anyway at the moment i got a proper tune running 13 psi of boost and that makes like 189 at the wheels atm but yea the 20psi tune goes absolutely nuts ive been in it when it runs that kind of power, lol lane change anyone?...
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

A T28's peak efficiancy is supposed to be 22 - 24 psi.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I don't think it is. I couldn't find a compressor map online for a t28. But i recall looking at one for a gt28 and the peak efficiency wasn't that high.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
237hp@18psi
BIGman_smallcar

Post by BIGman_smallcar »

eh i dunno all i knows is that 20 psi on a t28 is lots of fun, hehe

unless you want to run 24psi dont worry bout it haha
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

raddavey wrote:225hp i think is a pretty damn good figure. I see what you're saying about the tuner not wanting to go higher. When i told mine that i wanted 20psi he didn't like the idea. I think 20psi would be a bit high for my turbo too (t28).
But you've got to remember if it blows up on the dyno for them they would feel pretty bad and possibly get a bad rep no matter how persistent you were wanting them to tune for more boost.

I'd be very happy if mine makes the same power as your's on 20psi. Was your's on a dyno dynamics dyno? Each dynos are different.
It's a good figure, I think I'm just used to that amount of power... could have done with a bigger kick in the ass hahaha.

You're quite true in what you are saying, at the time I didn't think of it like that. The last thing they would want is to blow up a motor while on their dyno, certainly wouldn't be good for business. And yeah it was done on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

Good luck for Tuesday, keep us posted!

My Car