N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Short stroke/high rev E16?

General chat related to anything N12.
B11Chris

Post by B11Chris »

I seen a post from years ago of someone who said they put together a "long rod" E16 using a E16 crank, E15 rods, and GA16DE pistons. Anybody try this? I'm putting together a N/A build, working on bike carbs right now. Want to be able to spin it out a good bit more than the stock 6500rpm redline. Would a oil pump mod be needed as well? Looks like I'ma be sticking with this engine in this car. A FWD KA is too hard to swap, and a CA is too hard to run on carbs having no dizzy
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The E16 engine uses the same rod length as an E15 so in fact, it becomes a "stock standard" engine with GA pistons.
Why would anyone use odd pistons when stock pistons are available and cheap.

"CA too hard to run on carbs because it has no dissie"......... What the actual fuck here?
Firstly, why would you run an injected engine on carbs for anyway?
If you must insist on using agricultural garbage like carbs, a simple wasted spark electronic ignition triggerd by the stock CAS is not exactly rocket science

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

I had spoke in the past about a long rod combo with ga slugs. The idea being that the E15 rods are indeed 3mm longer (140.5mm centre to centre) v's the E15T AND E16 (137.5mm centre to centre). With this 3mm extra crown height, a swap to a flat top GA piston which has 3mm lower pin to crown distance would give the combo somewhere near 10:1 comp ratio with the same valve to crown spacing.
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y