N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

intake manifold options

General chat related to anything N12.
Denied

intake manifold options

Post by Denied »

I've been going through the forums and even back through the old Exa forums... looking for an inlet manifold for the short block E15ET I have that I hope to shoehorn into my s-cargo.

I'm seeing Jap-spec and EGI bandied about but both seem ridiculously hard to get a hold of. I was leaning towards the EGI as it helps to tidy up the engine bay, which is one of my goals, but from the sounds of it:
a) they are rare as hens teeth
b) when they do appear they go for crack prices

so given that I would be looking at around $300+ if I could even find one, I started thinking... a local mob makes up intake manifolds for SR20s and RB26/30s and they run to about $500... so I was thinking I could give them the head and have them make something up.

Is my logic sound? I would be running an aftermarket ECU...
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Japspec and EGI plenums sit on the same set of runners as Aus spec so you wont gain anything from them that way.

Yep, both those manifolds tend to sell for that but anything fabricated up custom will run into plenty more.
There is a couple of hours work just to build a plenum so dont expect any change out of 300 and thats sitting on your existing runners anyway.

At least double that if you want a scratch build plenum and runners and that would be pretty cheap.

You can have a simple redirection of the aus spec to the side for simplicity and price or then a simple additional custom plenum as mentioned above shaped in any way and direction that gives you a stiffy.
There is no reason you cant remote mount the throttle body wherever you want in the boost piping as well.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Denied

Post by Denied »

Oracle to the rescue again. and a big face/palm from me. I had forgotten about the runners...

So with that out of the way... my next question would be, does anyone have a complete standard Aus inlet with runners/injectors? Since I would then be able to give that to the fabricator to make up the 'stiffy-inducing' custom plenum.
agecage

Post by agecage »

Ive got a jap spec intake of a na pulsar, if you want.
N12 Exa turbo