N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

K-mac rear sway bar

General chat related to anything N12.
robbo

K-mac rear sway bar

Post by robbo »

I've been searching around for a rear sway bar, and unsurprisingly haven't had much luck. K-mac will make a bar up for me which comes with the brackets to mount it for $280, does anyone have any experience with K-mac bars? Are they good value for money? On a side note, I just installed a whiteline front sway bar which I picked up for $45 from a wreckers
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

I guess you are building a real racer LOL

Anyway, I remember a post somewhere,
where this ingenious fellow,
basically bolted 2 rear sway bars together.
Sounded like it did the job very well.

I would be looking into that, I plan on "one day" trying it...
But really think that I'll never need to do such an upgrade.
but its on the possibility list....
robbo

Post by robbo »

No, I just like my cars to handle and had a whiteline kit comprising front and rear strut braces, front and rear sway bars and nolathane bushes all round so I'm aware of the drastic improvements such modifications can have. Besides, the gf complains less about me spending money when I can put a spin on improving handling meaning more comfort etc etc

I've read up on that, however doesn't that require the ET rear hubs for the sway bars to bolt to?
agecage

Post by agecage »

Yep you will need the et rear end. I asume you have a exa, if so you will be intrested in doing a rear disc brake conversion in any case.
I was luck enuff to find whiteline rear bar for my exa, tookcouple of years for it to pop up in the forsale section.
N12 Exa turbo
nissancherryn12

Post by nissancherryn12 »

Whiteline also have a rear sway bar for the non-et version! Is in my garage atm. When my car drivers again it will be installed. Didn't cost me very much btw! including shipment to Europe about 250 australian dollars!
Nissan Cherry N12 1.3 and 1.5
Nissan X-TRAIL 2.5 Columbia Style
robbo

Post by robbo »

K-mac told me that they had a version that didn't require IRS, whiteline told me that they destroyed their jig due to a lack of demand and as such couldn't make one up :/
nissancherryn12

Post by nissancherryn12 »

6 months ago i ordered a new fitting kit because mine turned out to be incomplete. They were on stock they said :lol:
Nissan Cherry N12 1.3 and 1.5
Nissan X-TRAIL 2.5 Columbia Style
Damo

Post by Damo »

robbo wrote:No, I just like my cars to handle and had a whiteline kit comprising front and rear strut braces, front and rear sway bars and nolathane bushes all round so I'm aware of the drastic improvements such modifications can have. Besides, the gf complains less about me spending money when I can put a spin on improving handling meaning more comfort etc etc

I've read up on that, however doesn't that require the ET rear hubs for the sway bars to bolt to?
I'm pretty sure the rear bar will bolt upto the mounting points on the EXA. IIRC they bolt to the rear arms.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
boost_truck_racer

Post by boost_truck_racer »

I just welded two together ( note only weld on the sides not the middle and let the steel cool slowly )
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Damo wrote:
robbo wrote:No, I just like my cars to handle and had a whiteline kit comprising front and rear strut braces, front and rear sway bars and nolathane bushes all round so I'm aware of the drastic improvements such modifications can have. Besides, the gf complains less about me spending money when I can put a spin on improving handling meaning more comfort etc etc

I'm pretty sure the rear bar will bolt upto the mounting points on the EXA. IIRC they bolt to the rear arms.

Damo
exa don't have mounting point on the stabiliser bars to bolt up to et rear end is needed if you want the rear sway bar

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em