N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Died on the highway..

General chat related to anything N12.
BlackTalon_88

Died on the highway..

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Hey was driving along minding my own business and I went down to 4th to go up this hill. Came onto boost went straight past 8 to about 16Psi. Now it won't boost at all. It'll go from 30 vac to 0. (speco gauge)

No idea what's wrong.. :(
Too much is never enough..
poeticjustice88

Post by poeticjustice88 »

could have blown out an intercooler pipe. go around all the pipes while its running, and check the connections and all clamps.

also chech where the wategate is getting its reference from. should be a little pipe going from the wastegate to either the intercooler piping or to the turbo housing

Michael
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Hey I checked over the pipe work and clamps and they seem ok..
The reference for the waste gate from the turbo housing. Also I should point out its intermittent. Sometimes it works fine other times it won't come onto boost Properly. Also it running rich as and I think the thermostat is stuffed
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Sounds kind of like what happened when the circlip came off my actuator. Held the wastegate shut, then when I let the power off, it slipped and the wastegate stayed open, was basically running N/A.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Check Wastegate isn't stuck, prob worth taking it off the vac actuator and making sure it moves freely.
Make sure that the divider in the exhaust manifold where the turbo bolts up hasn't dropped a little piece of itself into the impeller. Mine did it once, and it stops the turbo from spinning up.
Check the turbo shaft doesn't have excessive play - it could be rubbing on the housing and stopping.

.....I'm out of ideas.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

thanks for the help guys, im gonna pull half the front off the car tomorrow checking things lol. hopefully i can get it back together afterwards.. :/

wish i was a mechanic lol