N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Strip requirements regarding rego

General chat related to anything N12.
Forcd4

Strip requirements regarding rego

Post by Forcd4 »

Anyone following my build may have read I don't really care about roadworthyness, nor rego, the car won't be on the street much but I will drive it if wanna, was gunna cough cough re birth cough. But what's the point if I get pulled over they'll find something anyway so fuck em...... My memory doesn't archive back far enough to remember strip requirements though.... What do they check? Not safety wise but do they see if you got a current reg sticker or plates or whatever so I still fall under street car??
" Friends may come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs " - Henry Rolland -
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Join a car club and you can register it for $80 if its 25 years or older. Use the cash to buy some proper drag racing slicks. They'll be the best part of $600.

Don't cock around with street rego - its an endless compromise. Trust me its not worth it.

As far as I know from the "street meets" at Calder Park they don't care about whether your car is registered or not. And there certainly is not a class for them.

Darren.
Race it.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

Well years ago there was a different price for workshops, so I thought maybe that was for the unregd beasts.... Is that all $600 for slicks. Fuck all. Man there is no way I'm joining a car club..... Fuck if my mates found out I may as well have joined a math club. I would if I needed it to drag, but I'll trailer it each time I go as calder is 2 cut lunches from my crib and my days of long drives in an uncomfortable rattle box are over, give me 10 cup holders and 34 air bags and I'm happy..... Other than that I'm just gunna drive it.
" Friends may come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs " - Henry Rolland -