N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ehaust maifold flange

General chat related to anything N12.
Forcd4

ehaust maifold flange

Post by Forcd4 »

Doea anyone know where i can get an ehaust flange cut, the engine side for an e15t??? i could take a manifold to a metal fab place but most of the cost is incurred with the cad drawings. if someone has had one cut somewhere before maybe the still got the program, i could cad it myself but i doubt they'll take my program as its cutting thier lunch abit. i wouldnt like it.

cheers
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

There are free programs available. Most CNC places expect you to bring your CAD, because they don't know what you want. They then convert it to CAM which drives the machine. A good way of cheating it to scan the manifold face (most copiers can also scan nowa-ays) then load that image into the CAD software and trace it, then scale it from two main dimensions. Quite simple.

I can CAD, if you can send me a scan of the manifold. Also by way of recomendation, I know a guy down Cranbourne way - Rob Black Engineering - that would be able to cut it for you. But there are HEAPS of places nowadays.

C
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

shit you may as well take over the project. lol. yeah if you dont mind mate, im in no rush i've got a spare head lying aroound so wanna do my own manifold rather than what i've done. i'll send you a copy of the manifold. i may struggle to not send a photocopy of my ass though. always tempting while photocopying

cheers
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

want the intake done at the same time?
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

like if wont chew up too much of your time, ive already got a custom plenum but after discovering alloy extrusion i wouldnt mind building one from scratch. your a champion thanks m8
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

shouldn't be too much trouble....

Now admins... got a place to the files so they can be shared? (probably be a DXF)

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Just a tracing of the manifold or even a drawing is all they need.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I was going to do a proper drawing old man.
:lol:

C
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

i would feel embarrased to rock up at a machine shop with tracing paper haha. that'll be an extra $150 for being a rookie.
rosscotron

t25 flange

Post by rosscotron »

im also looking for a T25 exhaust flange to dump pipe and CAD drawings already drawn or can be sent to me in DXF or DWG files ??
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Forcd4 wrote:i would feel embarrased to rock up at a machine shop with tracing paper haha. that'll be an extra $150 for being a rookie.
Thats fucken crap so dont be such a dickhead Forcfed.

EVERY flange I have had done on a profile cutter has been done this simple way.

You can take a tracing, use a manifold gasket (if in one piece) Or in my case, you can even tap out with a ballpein hammer an accurate copy using some thin cardboard. Just the same as making custom gaskets.
How do you think I had my VG30det flanges cut?

Hell, just get some thin paper, tape it down so it cant mover and rub you dirty fingers to make a faithful copy... dont you have ANY imagination at all?????

The machine shop will simply scan this and out the other end pops your flange in any thinckness you specify.

Id feel embarrassed rocking up with some funky cad file and have the guys laugh at me for taking such a high road for such a brain dead task...... sheesh.

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

oh dear, i didnt realise we had a cry baby on the team. we have it covered old boy but thanks for telling me how you got your vg30's cut i was wondering how you did that.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yes, Im sure you WOULD wonder how that was done.

In every crowd, they walk and talk amongst us but the most disturbing aspect is.... they breed......

L8r
E
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Alrighty you two, pull your heads in - lets not go down this road again

C
panagiwtis N13

Post by panagiwtis N13 »

some say that after hate love follows.. who khows maybe some day we see tassuperkart and forcd4 get along each other. :mrgreen:
i don't care:
if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.
If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.