N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

manifold

General chat related to anything N12.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I've thought about that setup, flex pipe further rearward and some additional rigid mount on a "long" dump pipe, so the front section all moves witht he engine, let us know how it goes.....

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Untill I grenaded my engine, it all seemed fine C.
I cut and reshaped this dump hard up as high as it will go without hitting anything but still with "JUST" enough room to get the bracket bolted onto the rear mount........
Due to the very tight fit of the 3" "long" dump, getting the dump on and off is actuallya bit of a trial.

Heres the only pix i have.
It does not show the funky little arse of a hole bracket holding the rear of the dump and how diufficult it is to line up and tighten up....fucken thing..but does show how tight it all ended up... *phwew"!!
Lot of time spent reshaping that stainless dump from the sump back to the flex to suit my pedantic nature....! I didnt originallyshape it that way. Its how i bought it.
Just behind/below the bolt up flange, you can just see the front zorst hanger. Its bolted to some friendly bolt holes in the floor and the bracket is suspended with those funky rubber hangers. Keeps the rest of the system up nice and high with no weight on the flex joint at all.
Everything is perilously close to everything but nothing rattles or hits.

Additionally, when fitting up, the dump nuts needs to be left finger tight until the dump is nipped up onto its bracket but once everything is done up its pretty stiff.
Only question will be if i tear the 4mm thick bracket off the dump after a time!

Fair bit of heat and expansion happening over the length of the dump and this will be dropped ionto the turbo/manifold and the one bracket at the other end.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

i have always cut my own gasket after i had 2 leak..... once bitten twice shy, never had a problem since
cmy48u

Post by cmy48u »

my last permaseal gasket lasted about 3 weeks before it started blowing out, So the guys at my local autopro replaced it free of charge as they said it must have been faulty (I agreed as I've never had a problem before), 1 new permaseal gasket later and haven't had a problem.
you can sometimes get a dodgy one but you shouldn't keep blowing them, I tighten to Nissan specs too.
If at first you don't succeed, add more boost!
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

I've always cut my own, from what material I cannot remember which is a shame cos I've never had a problem, black and quite thick and a real kent to cut is all I can helpm with.
" Friends may come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs " - Henry Rolland -