N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

WOLF 3D

General chat related to anything N12.
AntsET

WOLF 3D

Post by AntsET »

Hi all, I've got a mate that has a WOLF 3D aftermarket ECU that I can buy for $500 bucks, but I need to know if it can be tuned to my N12 turbo even if it has been tuned to a different turbo car? (not nissan turbo).
I just don't want to buy something that doesn't work LOL! :lol:

Cheers Ant 8)
BELIEVE NOTHING OF WHAT YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

which wolf is it??? yes it can be tuned to any car, all after market are programmable thats the beauty of them. i like wolf 3d, but im biased as ive had the older version which i believe had some better functions than the newer 4.0.....

you'll need a new chopper disc in your distributor unless you install a hall effect on the crank but you get a wasted spark on every rotation that way, i stuck to the dizzy and never had a problem even with 180 or so killowatts. if in melbourne give speedtechnology or efi hardware ( they are the same workshop ) they kno a great deal about wolf they installed mine the first time and there is a technician there that worked for wolf he knows his shyt.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi,

Yep What forced has said.

The techs name is Marty @ efihardware - he has a large amount of experience, and drilled the extra hole in my standard distributer disc to allow for sequencial fuel and spark.

Any version of wolf from 3.1 upward will work just fine - doesn't matter what vehicle its come from, because it has to be reconfigured for your car! Unless it came off another N12 with EXACTLY the same setup and wiring as your's (unlikely)

I used an old Version 1.0 ~10 years ago and it required an external MAP sensor to run over 15PSI, but look.....I don't think you will even be able to find those 2nd hand anymore. Version 3.1 wolf's generally sell for no more than a couple of hundred $$$$$.

Let us know how you go.

Darren.
Race it.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

I notice the v500 has some of the old goodies back on it, data logging etc. I got the 4.0 upgrade for virtually nothing wolf was doing an upgrade deal as they wanted old versions for repairs.... One thing I really enjoyed about the older model besides the data logs was your had a rs232 plug that you could remove and program for instance a strip specific map, and you could flick between the internal chip mapping and your removable chip...... But they shit canned it on the 4.0 with the selling point of more precise mapping points. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Oh and another gripe about the 4.0, you used to be able to make on the run changes to anything, boost fuel spark etc, and if didn't like the outcome you just hit the back button on the hand cunt, cunt, cuntroller and it would return to its original mapping point..... Can't do that now you make a change and it sticks so if you forget where it was your furked. If you speak to Marty his brother I forget his name they will head you in the right direction. They are very knowledgable, and Marty has a vw combi with a 3sgte mr2 motor in it. It's funny as fuck
" Friends may come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs " - Henry Rolland -
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

I'm running the V500. First N12 to have it actually. Awesome. If you can find an older V4 for cheaps it would be worth getting i'd imagine.

See it in very basic tune here:
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.