N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

HELP!!!

General chat related to anything N12.
fecskozoli

HELP!!!

Post by fecskozoli »

Hy Guys!

I have a problem. I love my ET, but one thing i hate. Every time, if i don't drive it for a month, i start the engine, i drive it for 8-10 km and after the engine stops (no sparking). I have to wait 30 minutes, after it starts straight away. I drive it again for 10 km and it stops again. The car do this 6-8 times, after runs perfect. I think somewhere a cable for the vacuum is broken and it let some air to go inside and the computer (i don't know how), but stops the engine (take out the sparking). It did to me the same, when i putted a BOV and the string in the BOV went to old and some air went inside the engine throught the BOvalve. The best should be if somehow i could "kill" this electronic, but i don't know how. If U can, please help me!
I know, i should change the cables and etc. but i don't have a time now, because i'm studying now and i like to use my baby.

Thanks for everything
Zoli

And a pic about my ET:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/110926/2009 ... es.hu_.jpg
boosted

Re: HELP!!!

Post by boosted »

fecskozoli wrote:Hy Guys!

I have a problem. I love my ET, but one thing i hate. Every time, if i don't drive it for a month, i start the engine, i drive it for 8-10 km and after the engine stops (no sparking). I have to wait 30 minutes, after it starts straight away. I drive it again for 10 km and it stops again. The car do this 6-8 times, after runs perfect. I think somewhere a cable for the vacuum is broken and it let some air to go inside and the computer (i don't know how), but stops the engine (take out the sparking). It did to me the same, when i putted a BOV and the string in the BOV went to old and some air went inside the engine throught the BOvalve. The best should be if somehow i could "kill" this electronic, but i don't know how. If U can, please help me!
I know, i should change the cables and etc. but i don't have a time now, because i'm studying now and i like to use my baby.

Thanks for everything
Zoli

And a pic about my ET:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/110926/2009 ... es.hu_.jpg
hello,
sounds like the common CAS problem.
do you have a distributor as spare part?
greets
martin
panagiwtis N13

Post by panagiwtis N13 »

+1 what martin said.
i don't care:
if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.
If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

A can of electronic freeze spray will get you to your destination - by spraying the damn CAS on the side of the road. This cools it and obviously allows the intermittant internal breakage to reconnect, and then away you go. Until it heats up again. :)

But ultimately you need to change that CAS out.

Your description has all the hallmarks of that problem, and I've had it myself. Its annoying, and the thing has this unbelievable skill of stopping half way thorugh an intersection, or when you are 2km's from your destination.

DOn't you just love these cars? :evil:

Darren.
Race it.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LOL at HIM! (above)

Eventually, that CAS will die altogether.
They are affordable and common.
Go buy a new one.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
boosted

Post by boosted »

hi zoli,
what E writes applies to the overseas aftermarket situation.

don't go to your nissandealer to buy the distributor, you will get shocked when you hear their price.
if you want to go for a second-hand part, you could also search for a E16i-distributor coming out of a N13 sunny...
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Thos Cas's are fitted to other Nissans apart from N12 turbos. Try a VG30e powered Nissan.
You have to have millions of Navaras/Pathdinders around.
L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
e15et2002

Post by e15et2002 »

The last time I bought one it was ~$80 from Repco....
'84 ET Pulsar