N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Strange Electrical Issues

General chat related to anything N12.
SamJJJ

Strange Electrical Issues

Post by SamJJJ »

Hello Everyone, I am very new to this Forum. I have some issues with some electrics on my 1986 N12 Pulsar Hatchback that I am wondering about. Only on occasion, the Temp gauge & the Fuel gauge while driving start to descend so that it reads that I have no fuel & that the temp is cold as. For some reason I discovered I can fix this by turning the rear wiper on which, without fail, restores power to the gauges again. Why does this happen? Also on occasion, the Brake & Charge lights start lighting up simultaneously while driving & are at their brightest when the car is not in motion & go out once the car reaches high RPM's. Any suggestions as to why this is so?
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Why did you post this in Article Submission? You post this kind of thread in General Tech & Modifications.

You're not likely to get too many useful tips about electrical hassles... I'm afraid you just have to keep messing with it till you find the problem.
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

Oops :oops: I'm very new to this. Haha. Thanks.
n12sumfin

kk

Post by n12sumfin »

sounds like a bad earth to the dash cluster or the dam cluster circuit board plastic is moving around causing all crazy types of haywire stuff, i had 3 like that.
SamJJJ

Post by SamJJJ »

Ahh. Makes sense. I'll check that out. Thought I'd get some sort of advice before I went pulling things apart. Thanks mate, appreciate it.
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

not thread hijaking but its the same issue for me except myne goes up and shows i have a full tank and that my car is very very hot lol but havent tryed the rear wiper trick lol will try that next time it does it lol please post the answer if found i could really use it
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600