N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

rear cannon muffler = knocking rear sway bar and petro tank

General chat related to anything N12.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Android 360 wrote: Cmon dude let's be realistic here, most cannons have one bracket that's just a bit of bent steel wire the majority are not installed properly
hmm i reckon thats why this thread was started, so instead of saying cannons are dodgy fart whatevers and only offering advice of getting real one (haha fuck that was funny). why not leave it to someone who's had a bit of experience with them to help sort it out?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

seeing as you didn't read the advice and only picked up on a few key words in my posts, i'll now ignore you and leave it to the author of this thread to interpret as he sees fit.

lol didn't really see this b4
BennyET wrote:you've got fuck all real world experience and just regurgitate shit you read on the internet.
you obviously have no idea what i've been up to in the past :P
over the past 9 years i've built numerous cars, all of which i build on my own.. it's a good way to learn ;) you should try it some time......

one of my cars was built for shows, was featured in a magazine and won a couple of awards. the others were all just for fun including the current n12.
Shows are way too over the top and most of the cars are built for the wrong reason (especially in aus) so i try to avoid them now.

I have automotive mechanics and electronics qualifications and years ago I was an auto electrician for a while too.
Last edited by Android 360 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

oh of course, my bad. yeah i can really see myself learning a lot from you and i hope our friendship will flourish when i actually realise how awesome you are. i'm seeing the light, please be patient with me
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
the red kabab

Post by the red kabab »

i got a 3inch dump with a 2.5 zorst with cannon and there is now way mine is moving anywhere if it's done right in first place u wont have any trouble with it ..... mine has 2 bracket's on it hence why not the moving
The winner isn't the one with the fastest car .... it's the one who refuses to lose
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

where there's a will there's way
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

i think this whole cannon thing is gay personally on an et/exa but its just personall preferance, i prefer a muffler with a dump tip just cause it looks neater but its just my opinion, no need to arc up about this shit lol
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
the red kabab

Post by the red kabab »

personall preferance
The winner isn't the one with the fastest car .... it's the one who refuses to lose
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

a bunch of cannon gayness for all the gay cannon lovers
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

cannons are for pirate ships lol

lol benny I thought when I saw the rear bar/cannonshot I was looking at my car for second lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

and my money shot........

taa daa!!!!!
lovin the cannon

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

1 more.........

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
baz

Post by baz »

I haven't read all of this but When I got my cannon mounted the side of it would hit the side of the zorst tank, I just jacked the rear up and where the end rubber mount that holds the zorst up is, Undo the bolt and move it to the next hole over if that makes sense?..If not then jump under the car and you will see what I mean, I drove around for a while with it tapping the tank, Starts to get really annoying
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
congers87@hotmail.com

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

Kid Nismo. Benny's steel band set up looks the go. Don't need to weld it to the cannon affecting looks and you can play with the mounting until it suits, rather than weld a bracket-whoops-fucked that up-grind- reweld. Just loosen and readjust! Looks like it aint moving.

Personal preference = mild steel muffler with a cannonish look, but not fuck off big so that it could inhale a small dog. I think it suits the age of the N12's. But again each to their own. I've seen some horeshit styles (not just talking about exhausts now) but at least their putting some effort into their car. They can frollick in peace as oblivious homos.

This style is going on my bad boy. Props to ASH 8)

Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
baz

Post by baz »

btw cannons are gay..
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute