N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

RB20 turbo, what is it?

General chat related to anything N12.
KermitDeWog

RB20 turbo, what is it?

Post by KermitDeWog »

Some say its a t28 ceramic, today iv been told its equivalent to a t25g...

Please explain, lol...
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hmm this is one of those tricky ones where its kinda t28 and kinda t3 but it definitly ceramic exhaust turbine they used ceramic turbines on all GTs-T's R32-R34
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Mate,

I can tell you these things are a real pain in the arse. I am dealing with re-building one at the moment and I am not going to get away with it for under $1200.

Go get yourself a T28 or something with the same flange. Or even one of those disco potatoes things, if you want to go huge.

They are ceramic exhaust wheels and when they die, they have to replace the core, and they can only use your exhaust housing, compressor housing and compressor wheel. Thus the cost.

On the upside there are shitloads around because all of the skyline boys pull them off for upgrades.

Your choice. But I am suffering atm.

Darren.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Timmzy wrote:Mate,

I can tell you these things are a real pain in the arse. I am dealing with re-building one at the moment and I am not going to get away with it for under $1200.
On the upside there are shitloads around because all of the skyline boys pull them off for upgrades.
Darren.
Yer they are a hybrid T3-T28 kinda thingy.

Darren, Nope they are not worth rebuilding as a disopotato or similar are not a lot dearer and an infinitely better turbo to begin with.

As my stock T3 is very tired and oily, I just bought one offen Ebay for my FJ20et. Its in absolutely pristine condition for 140 bucks!
Thing is i dont have any idea of exactly what spec it is tho as it has been rebuilt and all the identification marks has been ground off and what loooks like a signature written on in a vibropencil which I cannot decipher.
All I know is the dude took it off his R33 as he was upgrading to a big mutha of a snail so he could boost his brains out.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Re: RB20 turbo, what is it?

Post by Damo »

KermitDeWog wrote:Some say its a t28 ceramic, today iv been told its equivalent to a t25g...

Please explain, lol...
They are an old design thing which although has a larger body than T25/28 don't actualy flow any better than them.
Physicaly there are a T3/4 size exhaust inlet.

Damo