N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Running Out of Space

General chat related to anything N12.
Paul Smith

Running Out of Space

Post by Paul Smith »

Have a look at all of the CARbage I have bolted on. I'm going to have to start towing a trailer if I bolt any more rubbish onto the car. One of these days I'll have to disconnect everything and tidy up the wiring. It's all over the place at the moment.
Sorry about the pic but the camera is cheap crap.

Bjorn325

Post by Bjorn325 »

To start with Id put the battery in the trunk, and the MSD inside the car...
...but apart from that?

I think it always tends to get like that when adding stuff and building it all up.
When everything seems to work then its time for tidying.
If trying to make it look perfect while still developing requires alot of time and patience... =)
djvass

Post by djvass »

Bjorn325 wrote:To start with Id put the battery in the trunk, and the MSD inside the car...
...but apart from that?

I think it always tends to get like that when adding stuff and building it all up.
When everything seems to work then its time for tidying.
If trying to make it look perfect while still developing requires alot of time and patience... =)
Yeah same i would just move the things that dont need to be in the engine bay the msd will go nicely under the glovebox and yes put the battery in the boot and there u go...
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

I didn't think of putting the MSD inside. Not a bad idea. I've never been keen on the battery in the boot idea. I'd rather have the weight over the front. I will consider it though.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yup good move that. I dunno why but CDI's seem to be a bit fragile when it comes to heat/vibration cycles.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Matt

Post by Matt »

What does it cost for an MSD set-up like yours if you don't mind me asking?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Paul Smith wrote:I didn't think of putting the MSD inside. Not a bad idea. I've never been keen on the battery in the boot idea. I'd rather have the weight over the front. I will consider it though.
yeh its nice to have the weight over the front BUT its really nice to have room for m ore go fast parts or even a carbon fibre airbox :)
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi Paul,

I wouldn't think twice about putting the battery in the boot, its makes things so much easier. Things you don't even think of like replacing CAS/dizzy and routing intercooler piping.

Although you have already done that stuff!

I am glad that I did relocation on mine.

How does that MSD go? Spark me.

Darren.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

#1 Relocate the battery
#2 Change the radiator overflow to a smaller catch tank on the drivers side of the car, get the radiator overflow outlet swapped to the other drivers side so you can run a short hose to the catch tank.
#3 I was gonna say to remove that water tank behind your battery... but that is for your water injection correct?
#4 Shorten all the hoses that you can and make them more direct.
#5 Tidy up all the wires hiding all that you can. Put the rest in split sleeving.
#6 Rip your rocker cover off, sanf it back and repaint it with Textured wrinkle paint. You can buy some really good stuff at supercheap that is specifically for wrinkle finish rockercovers. That will make it look alot tidier.

Apart from that you just need to get in there with a soft scrubbing brush and wash it all down.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

"What does it cost for an MSD set-up like yours if you don't mind me asking?"

Around $300 including the extra tacho adapter.

"How does that MSD go? Spark me."

Smooooth. Feels more responsive and lively.

Some good suggestions there Photoglossy.