N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

3 questions about microtech ltx8 s..guys i really need help

General chat related to anything N12.
GREEKMAN

3 questions about microtech ltx8 s..guys i really need help

Post by GREEKMAN »

hello from greece again guys

im on good road and i'm starting buying thinks for my et ..so i buy yesterday from e-bay a ltx-8s ecu with hand control unit with plug and also 4 new msd coils all together in the price of 1000 au$ all they run just for 100 miles...first question is the deal good what do you think guys?
now one more think the guy run it in a rx-7 mazda so no proggram i think for my e15et so what i can do?can a good computer guy here in greece fix
a map for my new ecu or i have to sent it again to australia?and the last think is that the guy does not have the manual is this a big problem and if yes can i found it somewre?i make all that questions cause i haven't pay him yet and i will not pay him if it's problems on the thinks i wrote before!!!

thanks in advance guys for your aanswers i really wait for an answer!!!

friendly :D
george from greece
impossible is nothing.e15t nissan!!!!
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

hey mate if u look on ebay australia u can find em for e15et for cheaper
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I'm guessing the four coils aren't worth $500...

Sounds like a ripoff.

This one went for $500.
GREEKMAN

please guys i need your advises

Post by GREEKMAN »

hello again
plese can you answer to my questions about if is nessesary the manual and if yes can i download from internet and if i have to sent it again for reproggraming to work for my car in microtech ?give me your lights guys!!!

cheers
greekman
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I don't have an aftermarket ECU, so I wouldn't have a clue.

Google is your friend, man.
Look: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=microtech
First link: http://www.microtechefi.com/
Where we find the heading Technical, under which we see a link called ECU Manual (pdf).

That's not all we can find at the source... here they seem to say on the REPAIR/RECONFIG form (pdf) that it'll cost $200 plus shipping, but that's not very clear; it might be to do with customs rather than Microtech...

Best just to ask them. http://www.microtechefi.com/microtech-contact.php

You could probably do some more in-depth research by signing up here, too: http://www.microtechefi.com/forum/

Always a good idea to do your research before you buy. I hope I helped you figure out how to use the net a bit, mate... it's a damn handy thing ; )

Also, you might wanna run your more important questions by someone more fluent in English, if possible... it can be hard to understand what you're asking, dude. Good luck with it
SashET

Post by SashET »

If the microtech was setup for a mazda, then your in trouble and will have to send it back to australia's microtech to re-program it. It will NOT work on an ET if it was programmed for a mazda.

Better off not buying this one and searching for one that was already running in an ET.

Manuals are easily downloaded off the net. Dont stress about the manual.

Cheers
Sash
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

SashET wrote:Manuals are easily downloaded off the net.
Ultra-mega-easy, if you're reading this. I posted the actual link above; you might have missed it - it's the one in bold : p
GREEKMAN

THANK U ALL GUYS

Post by GREEKMAN »

I JUST SENT AN E-MAIL TO MICROTECH SUPPORT DEPARTMENT FOR THE ECU LTX8S SO I OPE THEY WILL ANSWER ME BACK SOON UNTILL THEN I WILL NOT BUYING IT UNTILL I KNOW THE ANSWER...SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH THEY CAN BE MUCH BETTER IF I WROTE SLOWLY BUT IM ANXIOUS ABOUT THE ECU THIS MOMENT AND I CAN NOT THINK GOOD..SO THANK GUYS YOU ARE REALY GOOD HELP CAUSE HERE IN GREECE I'M THE ONLY ONE TUNNING THIS ENGINE I REALLY NEED ALL OF YOU...

CHEERS
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

To answer your question about the ECU.
NO, it will NOT run on the Nissan engine and will have to be returned to Australia to be re-configured.

This will cost over 300 dollars.

$1000 AUD for an LTX-8 with 4 coils is a ripoff.
I wouldnt go anywhere near it.
Offer him 650AUD for it.

For a couple of hundred dollars AUD more, you can have a brand new Microtech LT-8 setup to suit your needs.

You find some Mitsubishi VR-4 coils which have internal ignitors and your half way to a decent setup.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

lt-10s evan :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
GREEKMAN

hello again...im headake

Post by GREEKMAN »

guys thank you again for your fast replay

i really wait on the screen to see your answers cause before i bid on e-bay for this ecu i ask the guy if fit's in my car and he answer to me yes no problem you go to a guy in greece ho know about reprogramming ecu's and he can fix it easy for you......so us you understand the guy try to f..k me so ....but i have my friend's i mean you guys help me...so i will not buy the ecu from him ....the problem is one minus report for my in e-bay as a buyer but i will not buy something dosent fit in my car....so one more think:i have the e15et motor in my car and i want for first stage around 180 horses if it is possible without to broke the engine cause i run everything stock what i have to buy so the moto give me this power ?please i know i spend your time but i don't have no one ealse to speak here and the only place is the forum and you guys...and if is possible close to it's stuff info were i can buyit from price maybe!!!!

guys thank"s and i m waiting the day that the car finish so finaly i put fotos
and everything in the n12 turbo site so all of you you can see my car that help to build up!!!!

cheers
george the greekman
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ok Apart from the programmeable ECU.
Your engine will need to be in really good condition, balanced and some cleaning up and match porting of the heads and manifolds.

A cam ground to allow the engine to freely rev to 7000rpm

Youd need around 350/375cc Injectors. Use either CA18det or FJ20et injectors.
CA injectors will be easier to find. FJ injectors are getting harder to find now.

Id fit a Bosch 044 fuel pump or similar.

You will need a free flowing pod air filter setup.

Minimum of. 62mm (2.5") straight thru or 75mm (3") straight thru exhaust with a well designed dump pipe off the turbo.

Separate the wastegate outlet from the turbo outlet and merge them further down the dump.

A T28 turbo (or similar) off a Nissan GTI-r (SR20). You could try a T25g off an SR20 but youd be pushing it pretty hard.

A boost controller of some kind.

A good sized front mount intercooler is a must.

Happy boosting M8.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Callumgw

Re: hello again...im headake

Post by Callumgw »

GREEKMAN wrote:guys thank you again for your fast replay

i really wait on the screen to see your answers cause before i bid on e-bay for this ecu i ask the guy if fit's in my car and he answer to me yes no problem you go to a guy in greece ho know about reprogramming ecu's and he can fix it easy for you......so us you understand the guy try to f..k me so ....but i have my friend's i mean you guys help me...so i will not buy the ecu from him ....the problem is one minus report for my in e-bay as a buyer but i will not buy something dosent fit in my car....so one more think:i have the e15et motor in my car and i want for first stage around 180 horses if it is possible without to broke the engine cause i run everything stock what i have to buy so the moto give me this power ?please i know i spend your time but i don't have no one ealse to speak here and the only place is the forum and you guys...and if is possible close to it's stuff info were i can buyit from price maybe!!!!

guys thank"s and i m waiting the day that the car finish so finaly i put fotos
and everything in the n12 turbo site so all of you you can see my car that help to build up!!!!

cheers
george the greekman
get the bid cancelled before the bidding finishes, then you might not get negative comment....
GREEKMAN

end of bid

Post by GREEKMAN »

guys unforcently the bid end's and i win the ecu and the guy says that if i dont take it it will sent to ebay compleiment form...do you suggest anything guys"|?

thanks
SashET

Re: end of bid

Post by SashET »

GREEKMAN wrote:guys unforcently the bid end's and i win the ecu and the guy says that if i dont take it it will sent to ebay compleiment form...do you suggest anything guys"|?

thanks
A lawyer.....

Cheers
Sash