N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Starting issues, need suggestions right now

General chat related to anything N12.
j0of

Starting issues, need suggestions right now

Post by j0of »

i got some issues,

i replaced my turbo on my car as the old one died in a big way, anyway after doing that, i started it it, with out the exhaust, the car ran a bit rough because i had bumped 2 of the dizzy leads off and put them on in the wrong spot, anyway i bolted up the exhaust, swapped the dizzy leads,over and went to start it, it just cranked and cranked and cranked, , i though, i must have the leads on the wrong spot so i got the order off

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php ... plug+order

were ash said it was

4 3
2 1

looking at it from the passenger side i tried that, didnt work, so instead i got out my manual and i no the firing order is 1-3-4-2. accoriding to my manual the order is

1 2
3 4

wich if going anti clockwise like it does gives the correct order, but so does ash's but from a dif point. can someone either confirm or correct me on the tight order, ive tried both. all i get is cranking.

it doesnt even half sound like its trying ti ignite, i check spark on all leads with the timing light, its there, also checked on coil - dizzy, there as well.

im not to sure if there is a fuel pump fuse im perhaps missing or ive over looked something,

i no there isnt any air leaks, the afm plug is on ive cleaned the connections at the ecu, i check if the cyclenders were getting fuel, the plugs are wet after trying to crank,
i sprayed a lil rp7 into the cyl's and got nothing, i had a peak in throught the spark plug holes, doesnt looked flooded, as far as i can see there is nothing wrong, someone point me in the right dirrection, i need the car for work and its killing me,

if i cant figure it out im just going to rip it all out and drop the microtech in with quad coils wich would sort out my issue. but cant do that till friday, if anyone could help that'd be awesome

thanks

karl
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

:? so your still gettin spark????
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
j0of

Post by j0of »

according to the timing light, yes

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

try checking it yaself with out the light
j0of

Post by j0of »

how, ?

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

take a lead off stick a screw driver in the lead hold it real close to an earth point and get someone to turn the car over :D
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

:shock: and if u want to see if the coil is gettin power pull the lead off and stick ya finger in there and get some one to turn accessories on LMFAO
j0of

Post by j0of »

im going to grab some new sparky's tomorrow, throw them in, the old ones looked a bit rich but who know's aiy, the turbo was burning a lot of oil so that might have contributed to it

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

:roll: il have a think in the morning when im not half aslee[p and get back to u
smurf69

Post by smurf69 »

etturbs wrote::shock: and if u want to see if the coil is gettin power pull the lead off and stick ya finger in there and get some one to turn accessories on LMFAO
ha this works well
HIR8TDET
j0of

Post by j0of »

got some new plugs, fixed the spark plug order, it starts and run, but everytime u go to drive it, it dies. just sort of chokes

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

smurf69 wrote:
etturbs wrote::shock: and if u want to see if the coil is gettin power pull the lead off and stick ya finger in there and get some one to turn accessories on LMFAO
ha this works well
haha iv seen a few pwople do it lol
j0of

Post by j0of »

SSSSSSORTED!! cha ching.

dizy leads were in the wrong order, the afm plug was on fine but one of the contacts had come out causing fast idle and stalling with scceleration,

not to sure on how this turbo goe's as yet as the bearings are still to tight to tell. right now it spools but only to psi, as soon as the bearings are worn in, we will no, about 600 km's ive been told

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
TURBOET

Post by TURBOET »

so what was the right order for the leads??
j0of

Post by j0of »

looking at the dizzy, from passenger guard.

4 . 3

2 . 1

the nissan manual hada shit digram, so i pulled of the dizzy cap, cleaned it, found number 1, and just went counterclockwise witht the order from there wich is 1,3,4,2

done

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY