N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Wolf 3D V4 Engine Management System

General chat related to anything N12.
kid nismo

Wolf 3D V4 Engine Management System

Post by kid nismo »

Hey guy, are the Wolf 3D any good? Do you need to send the unit back to the manufacture to have them install new base map to suit different cars or are you able to be self program the base map yourself?

Cheers
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

u can do base maps urself with wolfs i beleive
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

has anyone here used one in there et?
are they easy to use? or harder than microtech units?
might be getting one....

thanks for the feed back Panda.

are there any supports out there unit like microtech?

cheers
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yes there has been quite a few E15ets sporting wolfs, much teh same as microtech but will have a few more options :) tho i think u have to modify ur dizzy for them to work. wolf prolly have a forum that may give u some answers
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i've got Wolf 3D V500 in mine. check out the Zoom magazine article of it being installed in my car (wasn't my car at the time thought) they said they did a few hours of install and a 30min tune.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I have a wolf v4 in mine. The dizzy only has to be modded if you want to run sequential injection/ignition. Mine is currently running batch fire and uses the original dizzy. It was pretty straight forward to wire once the CAS wires are figured out and yes they don't need to be sent back to wolf to change configuration. It can all be setup on the handcontroller or software.

They are easy to tune and ive had no problems with mine.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

damn, I might read some more on the wolf 3d unit. are there any wolf ECU versions i should stay away from? are there any version that cant be fully config to different car? thanks guys for the response.

cheers :D
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

anything before the V4 :) buy the V4 thats when they started being good lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

The v4 are much better than the v3 but i know of two people using the v3 (including Wes from here) and they don't seem to have any problems. The resolution on the tuning is half that of the v4.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

i had the v3 and upgraded to the v4 and honestly i dont notice much difference but i did like the data logging that the v3 had plus you could make on the run adjustments and if didnt like em you just pushed clear and they went back to how were... v4 dont have all that but has better tuning capability.. v3 dumby friendly v4 better for tuning for tuners not for most people...
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

was the wolf 3d v3 laptop tunable?

Thanks for the feed back guys
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

yup sure is but its win98 based i have to programs to convert it to xp +
Project is now finished!
txateu

Post by txateu »

i was gonna buy a v3 with loom and v4 hand controller for $500 do u think its a good deal?
cheers Michael,
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

$500 is a bit steep. They are ancient ecu's and there aren't many tuners around that will touch them.

The v4 handcontroller won't work with the v3 ecu. Well it displays wat the ecu is doing but you can't tune it with it.
237hp@18psi
txateu

Post by txateu »

raddavey wrote:
The v4 handcontroller won't work with the v3 ecu. Well it displays wat the ecu is doing but you can't tune it with it.
the v4 hand controllers do work with them as i've been for a drive in the car and actually played around with the controller settings...
I didn't know how old they were, i thought it was a good deal :( looks like im back at square 1 then
cheers Michael,