N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

won't run/idle, again!

General chat related to anything N12.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

won't run/idle, again!

Post by Ash »

ok i just swapped turbo's over, hooked the intrercooler back up and now the car starts and dies straight away? i changed to another AFM to see if that was the problem, but not it. can someone give me some idea's? it was running fine before i did this. :?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

the only time mine did this was when i didnt put the oil cap on so in other words massive air leak
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nah, havent even touched the oil cap.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

ok, it still won't idle but if i keep my foot on the go pedal it'll run. i just tried to drive it down the road and it won't rev past 2500rpm and coughs and spludders, no power! as soon as i take my foot off the go pedal, it stalls.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i did the ecu check and it is coming up with idle switch then ok. i am not sure what the idle switch is, or means. i have been chatting with Wes and he seems to think an air leak or turbo, so i'll pull it all apart tommorow and check it all again. :evil:
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

also check the ecu plugs it could save you alot of time and effort.
im not sure if its the same problem but i know my car wouldnt rev past 3000 and it wouldnt boost and it was just the ecu plug
adam.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

dexi_styles wrote:also check the ecu plugs it could save you alot of time and effort.
im not sure if its the same problem but i know my car wouldnt rev past 3000 and it wouldnt boost and it was just the ecu plug
adam.
thanks man, that was one of the first things i checked though, i even tried a spare ecu and no difference. i'm guessing either an air leak or a sensor.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

What about that vacume hose that connects to the elbow going into the compressor inlet? I have left that off a couple of times before...

This one: http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8043/pic01471qb1.jpg
Reaper AU

Post by Reaper AU »

check for air leaks...my car ran the same way once and found some bastard stabed a hole in my intercooler.
83 exa, stock engine, stock computer, t28, relocated afm, 101kw, 426.1nm at the wheels at 7psi
Matt

Post by Matt »

Reaper AU wrote:check for air leaks...my car ran the same way once and found some bastard stabed a hole in my intercooler.
:shock:
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

photoglossy wrote:What about that vacume hose that connects to the elbow going into the compressor inlet? I have left that off a couple of times before...

This one: http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8043/pic01471qb1.jpg
i'd call that a breather line but nah, it's connected. it has to be an air leak somewhere. it'll be a pain in the ass to find to i bet. :twisted:
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Reaper AU wrote:check for air leaks...my car ran the same way once and found some bastard stabed a hole in my intercooler.
shit man, someone actually put a hole in your cooler?! what pricks! :evil:
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

ok, i checked the piping from after the AFM to the throttle body, couldn't finf any problems. i put the standard pipe from the turbo to the throttle body back on, still no difference. i noticed that when i hold it at a certain rev, any revs, it cuts out and comes back then same thing over and over?
i took it for another short drive and it still won't rev past 2500rpm's and has no power at all! nothing, i try and take off and it just holds back.
i think this might be an Evan question! :x
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Damn dude, Ive been following this thread and it makes no sense............

I can only suggest checking the temp sensor wiring, make sure thats not disturbed and.....welll.....fucked if I know M8.
Somethings been disturbed when youve been messing with the piping but what has got me buggered.

Did you have the fuel lines off the fool pressure regulator?
If they get mixed it can make it run like a bitch.

Check out whatever was disturbed dude.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

thanks anyway mate, i havent touched or gone near the fuel system, so i must of messed up the wiring? i've played around with the wiring in between the log and distributer because it got messed around by me moving the turbo intake pipe, but it all looks fine and is connected? the ecu has me wondering though, what it means by idle switch? then after it comes up with idle switch it flashes ok?
what and where is the idle switch? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x