N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

alternator

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
BennyET

alternator

Post by BennyET »

what knuckehead had the final say on this setup?!
had heard you needed to drop a shaft to get the thing out, blow that i thought... took the master cylinder off instead :roll:
oh and i have a bit of coolant dripping from under the dash..... out comes the dash :roll: :roll: :roll:

why do i still own this car :x :lol:
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
spiffyn12

Post by spiffyn12 »

you can take it out with out removing the shaft and the master cylinder. all you need to do is remove the alt bracket then slide it out.
I Have An EXA
RX7 S IV - 120rwKw + mods now more power and two defect stickers.
KE70 corolla slamed on 16's
SashET

Post by SashET »

spiffyn12 wrote:you can take it out with out removing the shaft and the master cylinder. all you need to do is remove the alt bracket then slide it out.
I couldn't do it this way......... either the inlet manilfold, master cylinder or drive shaft has to come out.

I'd love to know how you managed that!

Cheers
Sash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Depends on the alternator fitted.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Re: alternator

Post by The Renegade »

BennyET wrote:.........why do i still own this car :x :lol:
Coz ya love it. :lol:

spiffyn12 wrote:you can take it out with out removing the shaft and the master cylinder. all you need to do is remove the alt bracket then slide it out.

This is how I did it, you take the entire alt bracket off the engine and then undo the fixed bolt, slide it out and the alt drops of and you squeeze it out the top.
Oh, and don't forget to undo the wires ...... :oops:
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

guess its the jap inlet manifold, its shape covers say a rectangle back towards the firewall. whereas from memory (and its been a few years) the aus inlet had more of a semi-spherical shape back near the firewall which might allow more room to get it out. i'll look again tomorrow, but i don't think taking the bracket off the block would solve it? i remember not being able to get it between the steering rack and the driveshaft. i didnt know there were different alternators, the spare i got with another motor is the same.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
BennyET

Re: alternator

Post by BennyET »

The Renegade wrote:
BennyET wrote:.........why do i still own this car :x :lol:
Coz ya love it. :lol:
it's true, i do :D
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

$143 to replace the regulator and bearing, if a mate wants a jump start.... make sure you do it yourself :lol: :wink:
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

BennyET wrote:guess its the jap inlet manifold, its shape covers say a rectangle back towards the firewall. whereas from memory (and its been a few years) the aus inlet had more of a semi-spherical shape back near the firewall which might allow more room to get it out. i'll look again tomorrow, but i don't think taking the bracket off the block would solve it? i remember not being able to get it between the steering rack and the driveshaft. i didnt know there were different alternators, the spare i got with another motor is the same.
You might be onto something there Benny.....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
BQ-05-TY

Post by BQ-05-TY »

i had to do mine last week as well and thats how i got mine out

i got the shits at first cause i couldnt get the bloody thing out but i reassessed it and found that :lol:

my missus's excel was easier