N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

National N12Turbo cruise REGISTER NOW!!!!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Ryan ET wrote:
BADET-4 wrote:
Ryan ET wrote: I meant central to people that dont live in wa cos its so effing far hahaha. I dont know bout you but driving an et across the nullabor? no thanks. lol
quote]

Hmm well thats all well and good but im not in WA Im in SA, And so are quite a few members too. I Dunno bout them but Melbourne is doable, Brisbane is not. Im willing to travel 9 Hours to Melbourne..... How bout you's???
News flash mate. I live in Brighton... IN ADELAIDE! Melbourne is not central. Why should the brissy guys have to drive 22 hours to meet in melbs? Albury is the best suggestion so far. Brisbane is not an option but neither is melb or sa. Needs to be central to all those places.
Albury it is then. seems to be a few for it. i will definitely be there! getting my ET back on the road very soon.
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

if not albury what about wagga lol?
Project is now finished!
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Lets quit the all the fucking whinging and pick somewhere with the opportunity for a rare and decent photo shoot. Someone mentioned maybe a Hot 4's shoot or something, what the fuck are they gonna photo us in front of in Albury or Wagga. No offence to anyone living there but shit, let's give our little beasts an opportunity they deserve for the limitless amounts of money and time we put into them. This is supposed to be a National Cruise, lets go somewhere to draw some attention, and drink some serious piss and have some serious fun while we're at it. I still reckon we get on the Spirit of Tasmania, drink piss for 14 hours overnight and then Cruise Tass.
SimoN10

Post by SimoN10 »

there is a drag day in may and again in august at a little place called wilby which is about an hour from albury so if you did have it in albury those who want to could always shoot down for that.
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

that was going to be my point, seen there are the drags on aswell as some motorkhana
Project is now finished!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

motorkhana FTMFW.

Haha E wants me to cruise up there with him lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

SimoN10 wrote:there is a drag day in may and again in august at a little place called wilby which is about an hour from albury so if you did have it in albury those who want to could always shoot down for that.

Wilby, that place is a shithole! LOL. if i took my ET there and a couple of my V8 drag mates are there i'll be crusified! i'll never hear the end of it. i cop enough shit off them as it is for stuffing around with the ET LOL. plus Wilby is only a 1/8 mile track.

http://wilbypark.com.au/index_files/Page662.htm
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

and it has a dirt run off lol
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
Blackdog

Post by Blackdog »

I'm in where ever it happens. Gold Coast would be the sweetest tho.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Its good to see that people are showing some interest in my crazy little idea haha. I tend to agree that Albury isn't the prettiest of places but if you look at most of the magazine cruise shoots they are normally done in a Bunnings or ikea car park, not on top of the Sydney harbour bridge so I don't think its a massive issue.

The key here is to have it in a place that will maximize the amount of people that will attend. I would like to see the cruise happen somewhere on the coast due to it being more fun to drive and more places to stay for those people who travel.

The dates I am looking at are June 5 & 6. This will allow plenty of time to get cars sorted and organize the many logistics.

I have been thinking maybe Woolongong as its got some great driving locations such as the escarpment which would be amazing to drive in an N12.

Coffs Harbour is another option. There are a lot of Brisbane members so we need to keep it all fair.

I would like each person that wants to attend the cruise to send me a PM with your Name, User name, Location, model of car (exa or ET), email address. This information is very important because I will use it to determine where we have the cruise. If you send me this info, you must be commited to attending the cruise.
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

im in where ever it is, soon as a solid date and place is organise. :lol:
Project is now finished!
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

It's hard enough trying to get a decent turnout to a QLD cruise, let alone trying to get everyone to drive XX hours to a 'central' location.

The most convienient thing is to have each state organise their own cruise and then just make them all happen on the same day. That is about as close as I can see you to having a National Cruise.

Either way, good luck with it.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

State cruises have been done before. If everyone has a positive attitude about it, we can really do something different and draw some attention. If everyone is negative and keeps saying that no one will turn up and its too hard and what not, then it wont be a success.

Shouldnt you as an admin be supporting such an idea in stead of saying it wont work? This idea can only be good for the site and the members that use it. Needs all the support it can get to do something awesome.
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

my suggestion would be to get a group like Driver Dynamics to put a track day on and use that as the focus, then a social event in the evening without the cars. That way we may stop idiots doing reverse donuts and drawing the wrong type of attention....
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Thats a great idea, would need to look at cost...